It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 06:26 PM   #1

carzy_freak HB User
Unhappy help a teen out with family problems

im 15 years ols and i have parent problems. i try to settle things in a decent way and here is onw of the things that i cant seem to solve, here goes:

i dont hit my little borther and if he hits me i dont do anything, i have 2 options, hit him back (which is what i wanna do) and tell my mom (which aint my style, but i do it anyway) if i hit him back i get yelled at and if i tell on him, he either gets told to "not do it again"(which happened tons of times) or my mom doesn't listen. So its a lose lose situation.

can i get tips on having my mom listen and the other problem?

Last edited by carzy_freak; 03-27-2004 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo

Old 03-27-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User
Re: help a teen out with family problems

write her a letter...this always worked with my mom...they see that if you took time to write them it must be important

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User

I was straight up with my parents. My sister is 10 months younger than me. I told my mom about her hitting and that it wasn't right that I not have the right to defend myself. She agreed and finally said that my sister deserved what she got if she hit me.

I hate to say it but I would think your parents should have issues with their son hitting any girl. Defending yourself is one thing but hitting a girl in this house is not allowed. I would bring up to them that they have 2 children yet they are only teaching one not to hit.

I would tell them that you have tried to handle things in a decent way but that he is wearing on you. Then tell them that if he ends up getting hit back, they can't say he didn't deserve it. Good luck

Old 03-28-2004, 11:55 AM   #4

whowhat HB User

will it depends on how old the child is I am assuming old enough to know better....I would go talk to ur parents about how u feel....or wright a note sometimes kids will fight and hit my son does that he is 4 to my daughter I try to explain to him hitting is a big no no but I don't know what is worse everytime my 6 yr old daughter gets hit she over dramas it and runs around the house screaming Kadyn hit me kadyn hit me and sometimes she kind of pavokes him to doing so she gets in his face and stuff but still hitting is hitting and it is always a no-no I would talk to ur parents about it us parents useally want to hear a nice conversation sit down with them or e-mail them or wright a letter explain things to them as a mom myself I would like to know what is up with my kids

Old 04-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Like people said, it depends on how old your bro is...if he's very young (7 or 8), then I wouldn't suggest hitting back. If he's a bit older (at least 10), then I say "If he bites ya, bite him back!!" Using a little ad-libbing for the "bite" part of course!

If that doesn't work, and your mom won't listen, try this: if he tries to hit you or does land a smack, take your hand and put it on his head and squeeze slightly (as I said, depending on his age and tolerance for pain ) and then squeeze your fingers up into a wedge shape as you let go, puckering his scalp up. That, or grab him on the back of the neck and give him a small squeeze.

I know it sounds strange and cruel, but as long as you don't crush or suffocate the kid, then try these. Trust me, my cousin used those on me when I was in my hitting stage, and now once in a while I use the same tactics on my boyfriend if he gets on my nerves Good luck!

Dark Stranger

Closed Thread