It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2004, 06:34 PM   #1

lil'momma HB User
anyone tried Dr. Brown's bottles?

Do they really work? Do they really help with spitting up?

Old 03-28-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User
Re: anyone tried Dr. Brown's bottles?

I loved them!!! We got 3 since they were more expensive. They were just right for my youngest

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2004, 06:58 PM   #3
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

how do these bottles work and where can i get them!

Old 03-28-2004, 07:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User

They don't allow air into the bottle so the vacuum isnt there. It reduces fluid in the ear, spit up, and colic. I loved them. You can do a search on the net for them. They are like $15 for 3.

Old 03-28-2004, 07:57 PM   #5

lil'momma HB User

I want to get the wide neck kind since they are more like the avent bottle I am currently using now, but the only ones I have been able to find here where I live are the standard kind and every place that has those don't ever have the nipples.( I need a stage 3) I will keep looking again tomorrow and if I don't have any luck I guess I will just have to order them off the internet. I am hoping they will help my baby's spitting up. This is going to be my last resort, if they don't work for him I guess I will switch him to enfamil ar and see how that goes. Wish me luck. Thanks.

Old 03-28-2004, 08:04 PM   #6

lil'momma HB User

Winnie, it seems like we are in the same boat. Lets just hope that they can help . you can get them at walmart, Eckerds, Target , and Babysrus. I'm sure other places may carry them but may not have a variety. I can't find the wide neck like I want.

Old 03-28-2004, 08:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

My son had terrible gas and swallowed alot of air after I had to stop bf'ing him (thanks to a herniated disk and medication) and I felt awful. But the Dr. Brown's bottles were WONDERFUL. They really do work. I don't think they come in wide neck, but Cal never had a problem with nipple confusion. Luckily, I had a baby who'd happily suck anything dry.

One warning though. They are IMPOSSIBLE to travel with. If you don't use the travel disk seal, they will leak all over the place, and if you do use the seal, you will spill the bottle all over you tryint to get it off in the car!!! I'd keep some Playtex Vent Air (work almost as well, less mess) on hand to travel with. They have the wide neck in those now, too.
DD born 3/24/2005

Last edited by siren1024; 03-28-2004 at 08:31 PM. Reason: forgot something

Old 03-28-2004, 09:08 PM   #8

lil'momma HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren1024
My son had terrible gas and swallowed alot of air after I had to stop bf'ing him (thanks to a herniated disk and medication) and I felt awful. But the Dr. Brown's bottles were WONDERFUL. They really do work. I don't think they come in wide neck, but Cal never had a problem with nipple confusion. Luckily, I had a baby who'd happily suck anything dry.

One warning though. They are IMPOSSIBLE to travel with. If you don't use the travel disk seal, they will leak all over the place, and if you do use the seal, you will spill the bottle all over you tryint to get it off in the car!!! I'd keep some Playtex Vent Air (work almost as well, less mess) on hand to travel with. They have the wide neck in those now, too.
Siren, The Dr. Brown's bottles come in both standard and wide neck too. I had no idea that the platytex vent air came in wide neck, I haven't seen them. Where can you get those from? We don't have a Babysrus here.

Old 03-28-2004, 09:27 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'momma
Siren, The Dr. Brown's bottles come in both standard and wide neck too. I had no idea that the platytex vent air came in wide neck, I haven't seen them. Where can you get those from? We don't have a Babysrus here.
I've seen the Vent Air widenecks at Walmart and Target. They are called "Natural Shape" and are shaped pretty much like the Avent bottles or the new Playtex Nursers. The Vent Airs are really good. Like I mentioned before, I liked the Dr. Browns even better, so I use them most of the time, and just travel with the Vent Airs because I have had to clean up too many messes in the car thanks to Dr. Brown's bottles!!!
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 03-29-2004, 09:25 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

They came out about the same time I had my last son and I loved them! I switched him to them when he was about 3 mos old. He was so fussy and would be up half the night with gas and spitting up. The spitting up lessened and the gas was gone completely!! I would recommend them to anyone! They are well worth the money and extra cleaning duty for the inside parts.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:16 PM   #11

whowhat HB User

i tried them too but I didn't see any diffrences with my baby but that is just me I guess....

Old 03-31-2004, 03:18 PM   #12

lil'momma HB User

Well I still haven't been able to find the wide-necks anywhere around here, but I finally found the stage 3 nipple I needed for the standard bottle. I haven't noticed any changes with his spitting up, it's all about the same, however I do like these bottles just for the fact that it does keep bubbles from forming . This morning I forgot to put the vac. thing inside the bottle and realized it when it suddenly came filled with all those bubbles. They really do help with that. I don't have any when the vac. thing is in. I also tried the playtex wide neck(found one) vent aire bottle too, I like those but I guess I just can't use those with him. I got the fast flow nipple and he still couldn't get any milk out, maybe there could have been a defect or something in the nipple...hmm I don't know.

Closed Thread