It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2004, 02:31 AM   #1

noseyone HB User
Help with punishments

Hi everyone, this is my first post but I've been lurking for awhile.

I have 2 daughters, soon to be 8 and 6. They argue and backtalk constantly and I just don't know how to deal with it.

Spanking has no effect whatsoever on them (I never do it anymore 'cause it just seems pointless), taking things away doesn't matter to them, timeouts have had no effect and I just don't know what to do.

My family constantly compares my girls with my 2 nephews (who are 11 and 8) and says how they are so well behaved compared to my girls....but their father uses much harsher punishments on them than I would ever dish out.

Does anyone think a form of restriction would work? it's so hard to enforce it since I am a single mother and not home as often as I want to be.

and what should i restrict them from? what do you think is an acceptable time span for their ages?

Thanks for any help

Old 04-11-2004, 03:19 PM   #2
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User
Re: Help with punishments

i think restriction is worth a try...(i dont know what would be appropriate) but you need to be consistant...everyday needs to be the same (when it comes to punishment) when i was that age my mom would put me in my bed and not let me get up....(except to use the bathroom) and thats where i would sit till i decided i could behave myself...sometimes it took a few min sometimes it took a few hours...but it worked with me and my brother. goodluck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread