It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2004, 09:46 PM   #1

lil'momma HB User
Howcome everyone I know gets.....

W.I.C. except for me? I know people who make way more then me and my husband and they all get it. Everyone keeps telling me to keep going back , I've been twice and they turned me down even when I was pregnant. People I know seem shocked when I tell them that they told us we didn't qualify. I know people who live in like $100,000 dollar homes and get it. I live in a home that doesn't cost half of that. What is the deal? I'm fixing to lose my job soon due to imports and we will have to totally rely on just my husbands income until I get back into the work force. From what they tell me I still will not be able to get it. It doesn't make sense that everyone I know who makes more than we do with the same amount of children get it. When I went out on leave and my pay was reduced I had to take out a loan before I went out of work just to keep our heads above water and not to mention all the bills I had to pay what my insurance didn't cover. I just don't get it.

Old 04-23-2004, 12:21 PM   #2
(female)

Danitom HB User
Re: Howcome everyone I know gets.....

where I live I have NEVER heard of anyone turned down that was pregnant. As far as kids getting it.......it is more about HEALTH than money. They can qualify if they are over weight, underweight, or if they have low iron. I don't ever remember (although it has been several years and my memory may be wrong)having to verify income for WIC......only for Medicaid.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
Re: Howcome everyone I know gets.....

yes your income has to be verified to get wic-it is actually one of the few programs out there that has an income level that middle class people can meet-eligibility is based on income versus number in family-the unborn baby does count-anyway if you are working i would wait and go back after you get laid off-you may qualify then-by the way-the way alot of people get it that shouldn't i'm sure is by lying

Closed Thread