It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 11:43 AM   #1

Brooke~Lynn HB User
Lightbulb for anyone with an active baby!

i have this wonderful video that my 6 month old loves to watch! and it really keeps her entertained long enough for me to have some time to myself!
it is called "Elmo's World" Hands Ears and Feet, it is a great educational video that teaches your child how to wash their hands, also teaches sign laguage, and counting....it is a good video!
so for anyone out there who is losing it because their baby is running them ragged...here ya go! lol

ohh and feel free to add any thing else to this...anything to help us mothers (or fathers) out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 05:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User
Re: for anyone with an active baby!

I have 3 kids not in school yet so we love Elmo!!! Sesame Street is a very sensory oriented show. They get to dance and do so many other things. When I read the post about the active baby, I wanted to add. A lot of babies are what is called "Sensory Seekers" The typical world that they live in just does not provide enough stimulation. They can be always moving, tasting, feeling, listening, and watching. It's almost like they take the room and drink it ALL in.

My son is 21 months old and has Sensory Integration Dysfunction for which he receives Occupational Therapy. I have told you all about his issues in the past so I won't rehash. I just want to pass on info that I have learned.

When your little one is a Sensory Seeker, go with it. If they like colors, get them bright toys and let them watch films like Elmo's World. If they like to mouth things, get them different flavors of jello or pudding to try. If they like to move all of the time, get them bright things to crawl or scoot towards. If they already walk, play hide and seek with them or swing them. If they like to listen for sound input, toddler pianos work wonders along with any other band insturment. If they like to feel things, things of different textures work well. You can take a shoe box and put things in it. Then cut a hole in the lid and let them feel what is in the box. Mini Trampolines, work off some of the energy and allow them to move safely. There are just so many wonderful ideas out there. You can fill the sink up with water and let them play with toys so they feel different textures. You take all of the things you know about what a baby likes and kick it up a notch. HTH

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2004, 02:21 AM   #3

Jays Kitten HB User

Ah Baby Einstein is a life saver. My baby also wont sit still and I can never figure out whats wrong. He is 6 months also. He whines a lot but I think he is teething. I think its a normal 6 month old behavior. But when I need to do something, I put him in his swing in front of Baby Einstein and he loves it.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User

Yep..I second that on Baby Einstein. My son isn't to impressed with TV but he will watch that more than anything else. He likes the animals and the puppet shows.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:06 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

danimal15 HB User

My younger son is 9 months old, and he hasn't shown much interest in TV even when my 4-year-old is watching kids' shows. Maybe I'll try Elmo.

Closed Thread