It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 04:48 PM   #1
Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User
My 4 year old daughter is very shy

HI Everyone.
My 4 yr old girl is very shy (not at home of course but around other people)
That is the way she is, but for her sake, I wish there was a way to get her to talk to people.
She has been in preschool all year, there is only one week left, and she
still has not talked to her 2 teachers. She has a few friends at school that she talks to, and most of her family members, but not all of them.
She is a beautiful, smart girl, and I just wish I could find a way to get her to "open up". I was very shy growing up and so was her father.
I have 2 teenage sons from a previous marrage, and they are not shy.
Any ideas? Thank You!!!!

Old 05-17-2004, 02:03 PM   #2
Inactive

rrsmom HB User
Re: My 4 year old daughter is very shy

Hi, not sure if I can really help you, just sympathize with you! I too was shy as a child and my 4 year old son is too, with other adults. He will talk to kids alot. But i have been seeing improvement in him little by little. Last year he would barely talk to his preschool teachers, and if he did he would say one word softly. Now he's talking to his teachers more (not that he's talking all the time) He actually says things to them although they tell me he uses a soft voice. So that's a huge improvement. I think with time they gain confidence. Preschool is great for that. Sorry I don't have any ideas, but I think she'll improve with time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread