It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2004, 12:58 AM   #1

dayanna HB User
kids meeting someone new

Can anyone tell me what they would consider a proper time line for a child to meet a mothers boyfriend? I was thinking at least 6months but my mother thinks that is insane. The more I think about it the more I would enjoy allowing him (boyfriend) tag along to trips like the zoo or maybe camping. By the way my kids are 8 and 5. And there would be definetly no affection shown in front of them. So please give me your opinions on the issue. Thanks

Old 05-31-2004, 03:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MandyAnne26 HB User
Re: kids meeting someone new

i do think the you should know a guy for a bit before he meets the kids. But really it's up to you and where you think the relationship is going. If you guys both seem serious about it and are getting along then i don't see any problem introducing him. You do need to be careful about how you introduce him...of course do it as a friend, but i wouldn't include him in everything. THe kids may get attached to mommies new friend...so make sure he isn't around constantly. If the relationship grows more serious tell the kids that mommy and her friend love eachother and want to spend more time together and ask them what they think about that. As long as you keep in mind that if you break up with him then so do the kids than it will be ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread