It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
for platinum

Hi Platinum I don't know if you remember me from the pregnancy board. Actually you got a little mad at me cause of a misunderstanding over what I posted . But I am kinda in your situation with school and being a young mom and everything. I got pregnant by my boyfriend when I was 20 so we got married and I had my baby February 19th so he is almost 4 months old. Anyways I am 21 now and would like to return to school also but it dosn't seem possible. My husband starts dental school in the fall and I have to stay home and watch the baby. You are so lucky you have your mom's help cause I am in Utah and my mom is in Maryland so I am on my own out here. I only let my mom and mother-in-law watch Dylan because he is still so young. I don't feel confortable letting strangers (especially anyone with no children) watch Dylan. He also has acid reflux and eczema so he takes medication for that. The main problem is he is a fussy eater and you have to very patient or bounce him when giving him his bottles. Besides that he is a good baby and low maintanance. I have heard baby sitting horror stories and suggest only letting a family member who has had kids of their own watch her. You can never be too careful. How are were you planning on going back? I would really like to go back and feel like I have a life again. This fall I want to get a part time job to get out of the house. Problem is the first year of dental school is hard and my husband will need to study so I hope he can handle watching the baby a couple times a week. He really wants to help out cause he knows I am dying to get out of the house and do something. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2004, 12:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: for platinum

I know you meant this for another but I thought I might be able to throw in some ideas.
With my first son I was 21 when I had him and had been on my summer break for college...couldnt time it any better...lol.
Anyway the way we did it Dh worked evenings and I went to school in the mornings. And that worked great for while,until his first tdy came up. I wound up deciding it was best to take a break from college...though the break has extended longer than I had planned.
You can also look into taking a few classes here and there in the evenings while your Dh is home with your baby. Or you can look into online classes,that way you can set your own pace and do your work around your baby.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 06-19-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Re: for platinum

Thanks for the advice. I guess evening classes is the only way I could do it. I have considered online classes but realized I could never do it like that. I wouldn't have the motivation to sit at home and take classes online. I have to be in the classroom with other students listening to the teacher. I really like the social aspect of school and doing it online would give me too many distractions.. like the baby or tv ect... I am worried about my little break being extended as well!

Closed Thread