Re: My 5 y/o boy is peeing in the house
Hello, There can be lots of reasons. The main thing to do is to talk to your child. Try to find out why and explain why it is wrong to pee anywhere you like and be graphic and discusting....For example: "It's not a good idea to pee on the carpet, because the smell stays in the carpet causing lots of little bugs to crawl all over the place."..."Don't pee in the register, because it can get into your lungs and make you sick." Here are some of my ideas why he may be doing it...
1. Simply copying what the dog does, if you have one. After all the dog is his best friend.
2. Not getting enough attention from Mommy and Daddy...Maybe he feels your spending more time with a family pet, a baby or younger sibling, etc.
3. He's have some difficulties or problems in his life and doesn't know how to cope with it...problems at a day care center, etc.
4. The bathroom is just too far away and by the time he realizes he has to go, he really doesn't want to leave what he is doing to go to the bathroom to pee....He could be too engrossed in playing with a favorite toy.
5. Waiting too long to go to the bathroom, then feeling way to much pressure/urgency to pee.
6. Same reason some dogs do..."I'm mad at you."...To punish you for what they feel you did wrong.