It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2004, 07:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mommajessibelle HB User
tooth fairy

I am really needing help with this lol I need to know what does the tooth fairy usually bring now a days? I have 3 children and my oldest child who is 5 lost her first tooth today and I dont know what to leave for her. When I was younger I got 50 cents but my husband only got 25. is a dollar ok to much to little I dont know Please help me .

mother of 3
Melissa 9, Brandon 8, and MaeLynn 6

Old 06-28-2004, 07:54 PM   #2
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User
Re: tooth fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajessibelle
I am really needing help with this lol I need to know what does the tooth fairy usually bring now a days? I have 3 children and my oldest child who is 5 lost her first tooth today and I dont know what to leave for her. When I was younger I got 50 cents but my husband only got 25. is a dollar ok to much to little I dont know Please help me .
My mom would give us 1-5 dollars depending on the tooth and something else little like a pack of gum, tootsie rolls, lolly pop etc. Hope this helps a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2004, 06:11 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

*SoccerMom* HB User

Hi mommajessibelle

I recently dealt with the same experience that you are going through. It is difficult because you don't want to overdo it. I finally decided to give my daughter two dollars--a dollar coin and a silver dollar--I printed out a cute little "tooth fairy" note telling her that she was receiving this because she lost her first tooth and for keeping them sparkling clean! It was less than a week later that she lost her second tooth. I left her a dollar for that one along with a similar note.
I know that at times I can be really overwhelmed with my 3 children and sometimes forget things. I really didn't want to start something that I could not continue. It can be hard to know what dollar amount. I have seen parents give $5, $10 and even $25 a tooth. I think that the most important thing is to be consistant with whatever you chose. At times I wish I would have started at .50! My children really need to learn the value of money--it concerns me when I hear, "Man, a dollar isn't anything!" from some kids.

Best of Luck!

Old 06-29-2004, 06:27 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mommajessibelle HB User

Thanks for the replies. I decided to go ahead and give her a dollar so it is something that we will be able to continue with all 3 of our children with out goin broke lol my oldest goes back to the dentist on july 7 and will be having 2 teeth pulled so the tooth fairy will visit again lol. yeah I had a friend in elementary school that got $20 a tooth from the tooth fairy to me that just seems like to much. I dont know but thanks again
Jessie

mother of 3
Melissa 9, Brandon 8, and MaeLynn 6

Old 06-29-2004, 05:40 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User

id say a dollar is fair, cause you gotta remeber inflation lol but as for the ones that come out at the dentist maybe give a little more to make the kid feel better, cause no one likes getting teeth pulled, so if theres a little something in it for them it wont be so bad right?

Old 07-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #6

heatherrl74 HB User
Smile Re: tooth fairy

I told my daughter that the first tooth is the highest of all the teeth. So, the "toothfairy" paid $5. She was 5 when she lost her first tooth. After that, her other teeth, depending on how she lost them, range from a peice of candy to a dollar. (That is if the toothfairy is broke) hehe

Closed Thread