It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2004, 09:05 PM   #1

edaisy80 HB User
Is anyone ready for school to start?

My kids start back to school next Wednesday. Woo-Hoo!!!! I'm exausted from trying to keep them content all summer. My oldest who is 9 has a lot of friends so I don't have to keep him as occupied. My 6 year old is ADHD,OCD, and PDD-NOS. He's a handful. Then I have a 2 1/2 year old who likes to play monkey see- monkey due. She inmitates everything her brother (the 6 year old) does. I used to laugh and joke around when I was pregnant with her about how when she got older she would be able to talk him into stuff. Well its really not funny now that its happening. They went into the pantry while I was cleaning the bathroom and got a box of pop-tarts. With in 20 minutes they had already opened all three packs of them and took bites out of them. My living room was clean before I went into the bathroom but not when I come out. Well on a better note. I went school shopping last week. My son who is six is so excited about going to school. He loves his teacher from last year. I hope he gets her again this year so his little heart isn't broken. I will also have alot more time to potty train my daughter who will be 2 1/2 on the fifth of this month. I don't care if I have to wash 10 pair of her panties aday. I'm just so tired of changing diapers that I would do anything. NO MORE BABIES!!!!! By the way my six year is very very sneaky and since my daughter was in on it with him she didn't tell on him. She will tell on him for doing stuff. She calls him Caleb and calls her other brother Bubba (his real name is Cameron). I have no idea why she started calling him this because my boys don't have nick names. Mom needs a little break since I'm always home with them and dad doesn't want them staying with anyone but Nanna (my mom) who moved in April. Well I hope everyone has a good week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2004, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

foofoo65 HB User
Re: Is anyone ready for school to start?

That all brings back such memories, I would give anything for just one more day like that, mine are 13 and 14 now. You sound like you have your hands full, but you also sound like you are enjoying every minute of it. I agree that you probably need a break. Only nana huh? Wonder what he would say if HE had to spend a week alone with them with no help from you!

Old 08-02-2004, 08:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: Is anyone ready for school to start?

Hello, Yes and no....Yes, because I'm tired of hearing bad stories about my son's day care center. He just seems to have less problems with going there after school than going there full-time. Can't change day cares, because there aren't any good ones in our little town and my mother-in-law will be coming back from her extended vaction to take care of him.

No, because I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do with my son like build a robot, do more science, etc. I guess we'll have to build the baking soda rocket this week-end...IF it doesn't rain. (We live in the rain capitol of the world!) Did I mention that my mother-in-law will be taking care of my boy? That's a plus and a minus. She's way too picky and controling.

Yes....My son can't wait for school to start, so he gets a break from being at day care all day long with nothing to do, but play. He likes a more structured environment.

Closed Thread