It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 11:02 PM   #1

whowhat HB User
4 1/2 yr old not even close to being potty trained...updated

My son Kadyn is 4 1/2 years old...he is not even close to being potty trained and it seems like he has no control of his bowels...I tried every method in the book...I even took him to the doctor, my doctor said he is probley consitpated and is backed up and that is y his stools r soft and run threw the whole day...he gave use some meds like some fiber to help this problem but it has not helped at all i think alot of it is cuz he is lazy and it is easier for him to go in his pants then to go in the potty. i know he can do it he has very good days and then very bad days....but he has only went poo in the potty maybe 3 times since starting potty trained....and when u ask him to go pee he gets upset like u r punishing him....I don't know what to do next....I think his younger sister will be potty trained before he ever will be...his sister just turned one....the doctor said that if he had an accedent in front of other kids he might get embrassed and change but he has had accedents infront of his friends and he thinks of it as a no big deal....but i know this is TMI but his poop stinks...and i can't change it anymore i now have him changing it himself cuz i feel like i will throw up and i read somewhere if u make them change it then they would think it was gross and change but of corse that didn't work....

Last edited by whowhat; 09-26-2004 at 10:34 AM.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User
Re: 4 1/2 yr old not even close to being potty trained...

Have you tried letting go around the house naked? That was the only thing that worked for my son. He peed on his blocks once while he was playing and after that he became more aware of having to go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 06:15 PM   #3

whowhat HB User
Re: 4 1/2 yr old not even close to being potty trained. (update Please read )

well since this posted i found out a whole great deal about everything....I took him to the dr.s again cuz he has been running fevers and i talked to them about the potty training and well we had him on some fiber stuff to from the doctor before....well the dr. wanted to take an X-ray.....so after we waited for a while the dr. brought us back and showed us the X-rays they looked horrible...he pointed to the X-ray and said do u see all this and he pointed at the kind of thing that looked like smoke...the dr said That is Gas....and it is trapped in there it is trying to push out but it is blocked by and he pointed and said do u see that it was kind of like a clear white bubble thing and i said ya...and the dr. said well that is his rectum and the usual size is about as big as a half dollar and his is almost 6 x's the size of the normal rectum and of corse it had alot of stool in it....he was very consipated.... and in alot of pain...the dr. then told us the bowels that he has been getting is that that leaks out threw out the day and he could not feel when he goes....

Now I feel bad cuz I been stressing about this potty training getting sooo upset but the whole time he couldn't feel when he needed to go to the bathroom....so now we got to try to get him to have diahria (FUN) and then the dr. said that it probley take 4-6 months to retrain his body and get everything to normal....I am glad we r on the right track and for anyone else having problems potty training and is thinking well my kid has alot of poo....so it can't be that problem...my son also everynight had alot of poo so we never imagined that he could be consiptated little alone silently suffering.....

Old 09-24-2004, 06:45 PM   #4
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: 4 1/2 yr old not even close to being potty trained...

Poor baby boy. My son is 4 and they are so precious and so independant. You took him to the doctor and did the right thing. We are not perfect, don't be so hard on yourself. I am glad that you found the problem and I hope he gets all better real soon. Just an FYI.....Juicy Juice works wonders for poo poo! Let us know when he graduates to the potty! Good luck.

Closed Thread