It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 11:10 PM   #1

whowhat HB User
whos the boss

my daughter Madison just started 1st Grade...ever since she started back to school she became a whole new person....she comes back making comands she is throwing more fits... she back talks like no other...she is being more and more bossy each day she was a very sweet girl and is my oldest kid....she is a great sister to my other 2 kids...but now she seems to be with drawling from the family hitting her brother...she throws things around...she refuses to listen to anything i have to say...i know i am going to have HUGE problems in 10 yrs from now....What happened to my sweet baby...she is well behaved in school her teachers can't say enough good things about her and she is always bring back good things but as soon as she is home she acts Nasty...what do u think i can do for her to stop acting soooo out there...and be back to the Madison she was before 1st grade

Old 09-13-2004, 07:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User
Re: whos the boss

Sadly, she will never be the same Madison that she was before. Her world just expanded from only family and close friends to school life and other children. She may see attitudes from children at school and decide to try them out at home. She may also have a false idea of what it is like to be a big girl.

The only thing you can do at this point is to get on top of it. She needs to know that just because other kids may talk like that, doesnt mean she can. I tell my oldest who is 12, " I am not one of your friends so please don't talk to me like I am"

Children are notoriously different in school and I really think it is the set up that makes them that way. In school, the rules apply everytime without fail, compasion, or feeling. At home, we feel sorry or decide to give them one more chance....Over and over. This means that they become totally different people when they are home with us.

I would suggest drawing your line in the sand and letting her know that you will not put up with it. Then being strong and consistent until she realizes it isn't worth the effort

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread