It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User
hey littleone

things are going well here. finally realized i don't have to be supermom/wife/daughter. antidepressants are a godsend. ross is just starting to potty train. (god help my mom!!!!) he knows what to do in the bathroom, just opts for the easy way out (diaper). he has pooped twice though. i'm really proud of that. DH & i are working on our relationship. we have started trading off child duties. like one night he baths him while i cook dinner and i'll put him to bed;then we'll switch off the next night. he's really good at being adamant about ross staying in bed while i am a sucker for "i need juice, water, mama lay down, etc. it's nice to be on the same page there. don't you just love when the babies sleepily say: i love you, mama. it's the coolest thing!
laney

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2004, 05:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User
Re: hey littleone

It's good to hear from ya Lane!!!! I am so happy that you and hubb are wrking your problems out. That shows how strong the both of you are. Ross needs his parents tuned into one another so that you guys can concentrate on him. Ross sounds soo sweet Potty training...FUN I bet he will get the hang of it soon though. Heads up, a friend told me about this book, "How to Potty Train in 24 Hours". She said she read it, sent the other kids and her hubby out for the day, and she had her little boy trained by that evening. Sounds kinda shotty huh? Well, she was SERIOUS!!!! I myself haven't read the book so I dunno...just thought I'd bring that up. Have you heard of it?

Austin hasn't started talking yet, he says, "hi", "momma", and "nana". I dunno, I'm really starting to worry about it, we are doing everything we can here at home, we read to him (when he will sit long enough to listen), we talk constantly, we name everything around us.. etc. I just don't know what to do. I'm so worried about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean about when they are JUST about to fall asleep and are really tired...I still get Austin to sleep in my arms so right before he dozes off he will start touching my face, putting his arms around my neck and pulling me down to him to hug him, and he kisses all over my face....he is so sweet lol!! I wish I could keep him this tiny FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 07:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User

i have heard of that book. i am off work next week so maybe ross & i will take a trip to the library. try not to worry so much about the talking thing. ross' buddy, logan, just recently started talking where you can understand probably 80% of what he says. his parents & grandparents were kind of concerned. turned out logan is the introspective child. i can see it now, ross will be dragging him off to do god knows what and logan will be the one to think of the consequences.
my mom said he did okay yesterday. he wore the training pants, wet them and got kind of upset. but she said he didn't resist putting on a clean pair.

Old 09-15-2004, 07:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User

LOL that's funny!!!!! Poor little Rogan I really wish I could find somewhere to take Austin to get him around some other babies because he is going crazy being cooped up in the house 24/7. He needs to go out and play and let his energy out. We don't really have a yard equipt to let him run around. I wish we did though. He has a little girlfriend, Taylor, she is already talking and I noticed that when he has been around her, he picks up some of her behaivors and he starts copying. I'm thinking if he were to play with other kids his age he would learn so many things from them. We can only do so much here at home. Got any ideas where I can take him to "hang out " **lol**

You should definantly take a look at the book, that way you can pass along a review to me lol!!!

Old 09-15-2004, 07:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User

i guess i am lucky in that there is a park down the street from my mom's house (since he is there all day) and we have a great backyard. my mom takes him to the park every day and says usually there are some kids there.
i agree that if austin mimics taylor, try to get them together a couple of times a week. ross loves to go visiting to my friend kims house and play with her 4 year old and 7 year old. he gets a lot out of helping her son (7 years old) and playing. i thought about the preschool thing for this year but b/c of the expense, decided to let him stay with my mom. i think he gets a lot more out of that than my friends kids who have to be in daycare. she's a former teacher and they spend a part of each day doing reading, numbers and art too.
i will try to find the book and let you know!

Old 09-16-2004, 12:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User

Hey...sorry I haven't posted today...go read my post on the relationship forum and you will understand why!!

Closed Thread