It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User
Disney World - what's too young?

Opinions needed - is 10 months too young to take a child to Disney World?
I posted on the Disney forum, but of course they said that it's magical for all ages. I'm sure it is; but for $55 for the adult (pregnant again), is it worth it?

Opinions?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #2
Veteran

Falynsmommy HB User
Re: Disney World - what's too young?

I took my oldest daughter when she was 2 and it was a wonderful trip. Even though she was too young to remember it, she was at the age where absolutely everything was magical and wonderful. She is now almost 9 and we were planning to take another trip there this past April but I had our second daughter in April so we want to wait until she is at least 2 as well.

I think it's going to come down to whatever will work best for you. On the up side, your child's ticket will be free, but on the down side, you won't be able to ride much since you're pregnant.

My personal opinion, if I were you, I'd wait. Only because I think at 10 months your child won't understand why there are huge animals touching him/her, and won't be able to ride on anything. I would personally want to wait until he or she was a bit older and I wasn't pregnant because I would want to experience it fully with my child.

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2004, 12:33 AM   #3
(female)

natthebug HB User

It is HARD!!! especially if you have other kids. I took my 3 to disneyland the youngest was 3 months, I carried her all day in a sling. My back was killing me and my feet and everything else by the end of the day, really depends on how workable you are in malls outings etc.
if you do good at those without losing your mind go for it. LOL

Old 10-04-2004, 09:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

I finally took my sons when they were 14 and 11. It was definitely worth "waiting" for. They were able to handle all the walking - the heat (although we went in March and it was gorgeous) - and the stimulation. I wanted to go when they would have some memory of it. It may seem cute to show a 10month old stuff, but you are really doing it so you can see the reaction of your child at that age. They can't really relate in the way you'd want them to for all the money you are going to spend! When I was there it seemed like so much work for the mothers there with strollers. It limits what you can do also.

Natthebug has a good point also. We watched how our sons did at smaller amusement parks to guage how well they'd do at one much, much larger. We'd always remind them when they'd begin whining about walking, or long lines, that they were being "preped" for Disney.

Okay, the only good thing about bringing a baby is the 'baby swap.' When you want to go on a ride for adults, they put you in a different line (which is always smaller) so you can go on while your husband (or other family members) wait with the baby. When they are done, they come back to the waiting area to watch the baby and you go right on!

Last edited by sawbuck44; 10-04-2004 at 09:31 AM.

Old 10-04-2004, 12:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

We've been a couple of times and I honestly don't think a 10 month old is going to get anything out of it.

Now, if you and hubby are wanting to go to have fun yourselves and you are just bringing baby along, that's a different story...

Closed Thread