It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User
Unhappy Found a lump on my child

I was feeling my daugthers head tonight and on the back of it I fond a small pea size hard lump on her head. I am very concerend because it doesn't feel like a bump from a fall. I smoked whlie I was pregnant and still smoke now (not in the house) and I am always worried about cancer. I don't know, she goes to the doctor next month and my mother says I should wait untill then to have it checked out and just monitor it to see if it is a bug bite. I am so lost should I take her in right away or wait a little while (2-3 weeks).

Thanks from a worried first time mother.

Old 10-05-2004, 11:00 PM   #2
(female)

Madj HB User
Re: Found a lump on my child

I am really sorry to hear that. I think that instead of worrying all the time you better take her to the doctor now. Try not to think of the worse, it's probably nothing serious. I know that I would be terrified too, I really feel for you. Let us know what happens.

Madj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2004, 07:46 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

hi, i know how you feel ive been there!! my son woke one day and was almost in tears for no reason he had a lump on his head close to his ear and it was red and i freaked! i cried for 2 hrs while it was getting checked out! and it came back as a cyst that went down in 2 days! i felt a bit silly but i am a natural worrier. also a few months back my daughter had a little lump right on the top of her head. we tookd her to the doc who said it was an infected hair folicle. so chances are very high it is nothing. of course yous hould take her in just because she might need some cream or meds for it and also it puts your mind at ease. pls let us know what happens.

Old 10-06-2004, 08:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

I hope that it is something very simple that will go away quickly...poor little thing and poor mama! No fun!

And I'm just going to add...I believe that everything happens for a reason, even little bumps on the head. You say you always worry about cancer...now this bump makes you think of it...I think its a tiny little wake up call from the Universe. Maybe it's time to try quitting. I'm no angel or preacher...I smoked for 10 years, quit for 2 started again and now haven't smoked for 4 months as I am pregnant. But that was the 1st thing I thought of when I read your post. I hope the two of you feel better soon!

Old 10-06-2004, 11:45 AM   #5

shlllbybaine HB User

Sherri,
My son is 3 1/2 now and when he was about a few months old i founf this lump behind his ear and even now i can still feel it, i had every doc in town check it out and all said it was a lymph node because it wouls move around, now the other night i found 2 other ones on the bottom of the back of his head and they are in the same place on each side and they feel just like the one behind his ear, all this being said, my doc told me the majority of kids bumps are nothing to worry about and that most likely they are lymph nodes...i hope this helped.
michelle

Old 10-06-2004, 03:01 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User

Yes I have been trying to quit smoking ever since I got pregnant. I am fine at home but as soon as I go back to work it's right back to smoking. My job is extremly stressful and it is just force of habbit. I only work weekends, and the money is so good that I make the same as someone working a full time job somewhere else. So I can be at home with her more. I NEVER smoke in the house so it's not second hand smoke it is only the smoke she was exposed to as a baby. But it still keeps me up at night. Her lump is on the back of her head just above her neck. I made my hubby feel it this morning and he just thinks I'm worrying for nothing. I made an appointment for next week that way if it is just a bug bite it should go down by then (Plus my doctor is full until then). Thank you everyone, and I will let everyone know what happened. Hopefully I am just worring for nothing.

Last edited by Sherri-Lynne; 10-06-2004 at 03:04 PM.

Closed Thread