It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2004, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

noobie HB User
Bullying

This is a tough situation for me. A good friend of mine has a son who is the same age as mine. We hang out often, or used to rather, and her kid is off the hook!! He is constantly hitting my son or putting his hands or feet on him in some way and I can't stand it! I tell him to knock it off because I can't sit and watch her not do nothing but he doesn't listen to me and she just literally sits there and watches. I can't stand having to time my kid out for striking her son when her son is constantly picking on him! I almost want to just tell him to start hitting him back but I know that might not be okay either. She always says that my kid is such a "crybaby" but it's her kid beating the crap out of mine thats causing him to cry. She is forever talking about how "good" her youngest son is and that she "knows" he never does anything wrong and it's crazy because this kid sits around talking non stop about "gay people" and "stupid idiots" and "naked girls". Okay they are 4 1/2 years old!! I'm not at the point where I don't know if I should confront her because I know she is like super wierd about being criticized especially when it comes to her children and risk her not talking to me at all or just totally avoid all situations where they can be in contact?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: Bullying

In my opinion you either need to confront her about her child's behavior or stop letting your kids hang out together. You don't want your son hanging around a kid like that anyway. Maybe she get's weird about the criticism because deep down she knows that her kid has a problem and she doesn't know what to do or doesn't care. And if you guys are friends then you should be able to tell her. Next time she makes a crybaby comment I'd say I'd rather my child be sensitive then to go around hitting other kids. Or next time he hits your kid start to discipline him yourself, see what she does. If she gets upset it is the perfect time to have a talk about it.

Some parents are totally in denial. There is a kid in my babysitting co-op who is the same way. Quite violent. Always shoving and throwing toys very hard into other kids, floor etc.. He hits others, TV's, animals. I refuse to sit for him anymore after he cut my sons face with a toy. But we went to a party at his house this weekend. I watched him do all of this behavior and his parents never said a word. I think they think it's normal boy behavior. Then another woman came up to me and made a comment about what a wonderful child he was. I just nodded as not to start issues. Literally 20 seconds later when her back was turned I watched him hit her kid in the head with a toy. Yah, what a great child.

Last edited by Kiera1595; 11-01-2004 at 09:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread