It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #1

csk1972 HB User
Yelling

I sometimes feel like such a bad mom. There are days I feel like all I do is yell at my daughter. She really is a good kid its just seems like some days she things that set me off. Like I know all kids do it but I'm constently telling her not to jump on the couch, put the kitten down or asking her what possesed her to do that. The other day I sent her to her room and when I told her she could come out she told me no she wanted to think about what she did longer. (I had told her to stop messing around and put her shoes on and she stuck her toung out at me so I sent her to her room). I found it made me mad that wouldn't come out of her room to put her shoes on so I found myself yelling at her to come out and put her shoes on.

Old 11-01-2004, 02:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommyof4 HB User
Re: Yelling

Anytime you have to resort to yelling, what you are doing isn't working. I have yelled many a time as I have 4. I always know that they are the one's in control when I lose my temper.

You have to decide what works for her. Do time out's work? Find her button and push it when she is acting up. Yelling obviously doesn't work or else you wouldn't have to continue doing it. My kids seem to tune me out when I yell.

Your not a bad mom. You need more ammunition in your arsenal is all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2004, 05:32 AM   #3

caminbaby HB User
Re: Yelling

I can relate, but I only have one child and he is 3, it seems like he doesnt listen to me untill I raise my voice. I dont know what to do...I have acctually shown people that this is true....if he is not listening to me I will repeat myself a few times and raise my voice until I am almost yelling....I think he does it out of spite! Punishing him doesnt bother him either...because he is an only child he finds ways to occupy him self when he is in a time out or when I take his toys away...and i mean all of his toys away....he just doesnt listen to me? I have low patience and emotionaly I cant handle raising my voice to him...he is only 3....and advice?

Closed Thread