It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2004, 03:07 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
update spoke with the principle today..

well i faxed them the latter i wrote and of course the princ. calls me this afternoon blabbing! she tried turning this around and cutting me off when i had a valuable point. here are just a few of the things she had to say. first she said no matter what the boys were not telling the truth! she also said the boys were speaking with her but had to go in the hallway for a second and when the other boy came back he was acting sullen and sad, she was of course insinuationg my son said something to make him be this way! i know he didnt!! i also had a good question for her, i asked if she called the other boys parents right away like she did me. she said well i saw the boys mom this morning, i said well did u call her though or did she call you? she says well she called me, then i said well why did u not feel the need to call her right after you called me if my sons not being picked on? she changed the subject right away!!!!! then she brought up the difference in punishments and she said that the boy was new and i told her that didnt matter then she said well this boy said he accidently elbowed my son and my son struck back i said well i thought u said he elbowed him on purpose and thats why my son retaliated she said no it was an accident on this other kids part i said uh uh that makes no sense! why would u punish a kid for an accident? she said well we try to teach the students that accidents can cause serious problems, i said ur right but theres a reason they call accidents accidents and thats because theyre unintentional and not done on purpose therefor no one should be punished in any way for something they didnt do on purpose!! she said well im not going to disucss this with u further lol!!!!! of course she wasnt i had a friggin point! i laighed and said wahtever but then she still proceeded to talk anoth 10 mins about it! i told her i dont care what her beliefs are i know what really happened she said other kids saw it i said how far away she said she didnt know! i said well then im more inclined to believe the children that were involved more than children who werent even there!! she said i can take this further to the school board i said no need ill just be watching situations closer from now and finding out the entire truth and i told her kids need to be kids and fight their own battles and learn life themself.i told her even if my son did do this it does not warrent a suspension at all!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2004, 06:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Re: update spoke with the principle today..

Good for you Hayley!

Maybe this crotchety 'ol hag will think twice before calling you over something so stupid next time. Hopefully you have given her something to think about and maybe, just maybe, her rules might slack up a bit.

Hopefully your son hag a nice relaxing day off today and can go back and everything will be fine.

Have a good one!

Kim

Last edited by Ksavage; 11-04-2004 at 06:35 PM.

Old 11-04-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I am not looking forward to sending my children to school. One goes next year and the other two the following year. I have no tolerance for ignorance and this principal sounds uneducated on children. I don't agree with punishing a child for an accident. You stayed on the phone ten minutes longer than I would have, she would have still been talking while I showed up at her office. Sure....let her take it to the school board. The more incidents she brings on to the school board they will start to realize that maybe SHE has a problem and can not run her school properly. I know she would not have cut me off in my discussion because I know pandora's box would have opened up on her butt. Yea, maybe if there is a next time they will judge fairly...and hope you don't run in to the other childs mother at an open house!! HAHAHAHA I wanna go. lol

Old 11-04-2004, 07:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

oh i have no problem with the other boys mom at all she was more than nice and felt the same way i did so..they just better not give me bull anymore!

Closed Thread