It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2004, 05:43 AM   #1
(female)

Amber81499 HB User
Question Gift for Babysitter

Hi! My son attends a home day care part-time, 3 hours a day. What do you guys give your day care providers for Christmas? Do you purchase a gift? Do you give them a monetary gift? I am not sure what is appropriate?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: Gift for Babysitter

DS goes to a larger day care center, but he usually has a one teacher. Last year I got a small bath and body gift set (lotion & shower gel) and a big box of chocolates for the entire staff. This year because he has several different teachers, I just went with the box of chocolate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 02:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lillypad HB User

Unless you know of something she really wants, I would tip her in cash.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:21 PM   #4
(female)

dd annie HB User

I was a teacher and last year the parents got me candy and seasonal body spray with lotion, bath stuff, candles for relaxing (teacher's are usually very stressed). Candy is always fun, as well as gift cards to like target, walmart, or other popular stores in the area. I also like getting pictures of my students.

Annie

Old 12-29-2004, 07:28 PM   #5

FaithfulyWaiting HB User

I was an in home care provider for a 2 yo girl for a year, and for my b-day and Christmas the family I worked for gave me very generous gifts. I'm sure they spent at least 50 dollars for each occasion. I think something small is very appropriate though. Gift cards, candy, candles, etc. A picture of the child is also a very nice gift. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend,(or can afford to spend) or how close you are to the teacher/caregiver, etc.

Old 12-31-2004, 07:39 PM   #6
(female)

angelbyheaven HB User

i gave my caregiver something that i really could afford but she almost like family to me to. it was a day at a spa just a small , pedicure, manicure , facial , and massage just a day of relaxtion to show her how much she meant to me and my son........ but if u cant afford that do something small like a gift certi for one of those. it always nice to be pamper or just a small cet. to a favorite restraunt u know she like and let her pick up the rest of the tab ... i like to put alot of thought in to my gift but that s just me......... and no bad meaning to all the other there great tooo.............i know iwould appreciate some candle and lotion wow wee what i would do with a free day lol

Closed Thread