It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

3littleangels HB User
Question Question on burping problem with infant

Hi, I just recently had my third child on Jan. 7th and I'm a little concerned about not being able to get her to burp very well after feedings. Once in awhile she will but I'd say that the majority of the time it's very difficult and I can't get her to burp at all. Also, once in awhile when I'm trying to burp her she will cry or fuss which makes me think she might have gas. Another thing is that she get's the hiccups quite often after a feeding. I do have to take her in to the pediatrician in a couple of days for a checkup and of course will ask the doctor about this but I'm just curious if anyone here has ever had the same problem. I didn't have this problem with my other two children. Other than that she sleeps pretty well and doesn't have any problems with spitting up at all like my other two did. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
Also, I have a question about weight loss after giving birth. I was 171 lbs. right before I gave birth and I only gained about 7-8 lbs. during the whole pregnancy. What I'm wondering is, is it normal to lose a ton of weight after giving brith because like I said, the baby was just born on Jan, 7th and I am now down to 147 lbs. It just seems kind of strange to lose so much weight in such a short period of time. Especially when I didn't gain much with the pregnancy in the first place. Thanks!

Old 01-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: Question on burping problem with infant

DS was a horrible burper. We'd try all kinds of tricks and usually ended up putting him in his crib to sleep. Sometimes he'd spit up. Doctor thought he might have reflux and prescribed zantac, an acid reducer, which seemed to help with the tummy aches.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #3
(female)

3littleangels HB User

Thanks for responding. Did you still have trouble burping him after starting the Zantac? Even though I have so much trouble burping the baby I don't have any problems with her spitting up.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

Even after the zantac he still would withhold burps. We'd try everything. BTW, my cousin's baby didn't spit up, but would be in horrible pain from something called silent reflux.

Old 01-18-2005, 07:36 PM   #5
(female)

3littleangels HB User

Awwww, so sorry to hear about your cousin's baby. It's a shame when the little one's have to go through something like that. I'm going to mention that to the pediatrician just in case. Hopefully it's nothing serious though.

Old 01-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

crisma HB User

I have 2 boys 11 and 5. My 11 year old hardly ever burped, but my 5 year old burped every time you moved him. I was concerned about my 11 year old cause sometimes he seemed to be kind of gassy, but he hardly ever spit up. My doc told me not to worry, some babies just don't burp that much. He didn't really seem to have any major problems with it.Also, do you bottle feed? With some bottles they swallow less air than others.

Last edited by crisma; 01-18-2005 at 08:00 PM.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:13 PM   #7
(female)

3littleangels HB User

Hi, yes, I bottle feed. I just bought the evenflo bottles with the slow flow silicon nipples. That's pretty much what I've always used. I just finished feeding the baby a little while ago and no burp again. I tried burping her for 20 minutes using didfferent positions. Her appt. with the pediatrician is Thursday so I'm definitely going to bring this up. Thank you for responding.

Closed Thread