It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

astw22 HB User
October/November 2004 Mommies #2

Here we go ladies.. our new thread.. now everyone needs to post and let me know how you and your little ones are doing! I hope everyone is okay! Take Care

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Old 01-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
(female)

astw22 HB User
Re: October/November 2004 Mommies #2

Maggie - LOL about Jeff needing to lose a few pounds too... John got pregnant with me and is still sporting the weight around.. he laughs about it.. says his clothes are shrinking in the wash..i always ask him when he is going to have his baby...I think he put on about 25 lbs... don't be discouraged about your own weight..you are a super busy woman so it should take no time to get those pounds to drop off.... I have been lazy the past couple of days but I am motivated to get going again.. the sooner i get it off the sooner i can get out of these jogging pants and back into my own jeans.. lol

Congrats on the new addition, Kiska.. I am an animal lover myself so I dont blame you for wanting to have a cute little puppy around. I have a shih tzu named Thai.. he is two years old and is so cute.. I also have 2 cats and 2 birds.. so needless to say my house is sorta a zoo.. I love animals..

Avery is doing great... she had her first adventure in a resturant.. we went to applebees the other night.. she did pretty good but got a little fussy when she got hungry.. once she had her bottle she was fine.

Well other than that not much else is new.. my FIL left today.. I dont even want to go into details but let me just say I am happy he is gone!!! Well hope everyone else is doing good.. post soon girls.. i miss ya's!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
(female)

LeesGirl HB User

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to pop in and say hello!
Things here are going well. Alexa is wonderful and I think I am getting better at reading her cues

As for my hormones, I think they are still there. First of all, I had my biopsy yesterday and I will know in about a week about the cells on my cervix.
Also, my good friend just had her baby...which is wonderful and this whole experience together has brought us even closer. But, I must admit, since all of my friends are nursing, it really rehashes everything for me and it I still regret stopping breastfeeding. OH well....

Does anyone else have the fear of getting pregnant too soon? I'm petrified!!! I mean, I am on the pill again (a whole month, then period, and now a week) but I am still scared. My hubby and I have had sex, only once since the birth, and now I'm so nervous that I'm prego even though I'm on the pill... What sparked that fear is that I had a little bloody nose when I blew it and that only happened when I was preg with Alexa! Ugh... I would freak out....

OH...does anyone watch Live Regis and Kelly??? They are giving away a van-a-day but I missed clues 2 and 3... Anyone have them???

Okay, I'm off! Lexi woke up from her nap...she is such a cat napper!

~Andrea
Born: 10/23/04 10:41pm
6 pounds 8 ounces
17.5 inches long

Old 01-22-2005, 09:09 AM   #4
(female)

astw22 HB User

Andrea - I hear ya on being terrified of getting pregnant again so soon.. I just dont want to go through a C Section again and all that pain.. maybe in a few years I will be ready again.. I got back on the pill as well but have been making DH use condoms..can't be too careful.. LOL.. I hope that bloody nose is just a fluke...

btw the last time we heard from Amy she was a little worried she might be pregnant again as she hadn't had a period.. havent heard from her since.. I hope she is doing okay and that Ammalin continues to be strong and healthy.

Please don't beat yourself up about breastfeeding... several people I know in the last couple months had to give it up as well since they were not producing enough for their babies..so you are not alone.. Lexi is doing so well on formula...you should not feel bad whatsoever.. you have to do whatever is best for your baby.. if she's not getting enough.. that is not best.. so think of it that way..

I hope everything goes well with your biopsy...you will have to let us know as soon as you get the results.. and sorry I don't watch Regis and Kelly..LOL.. Take Care

Lisa - just wondering how you, Haley and Adam are doing??

Old 01-22-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
(female)

LeesGirl HB User

Hi everyone!
Shannon, thanks for all your support and making me laugh about Regis! ahhaha! Too funny.

I am very worried about Amy, too. I hope she posts really soon...

Yes, hopefully the bloody nose thing was a fluke...OMG... We'll know in a couple of weeks!

Lisa, how is everything?

Well, off for now! Take care
6 pounds 8 ounces
17.5 inches long

Old 01-23-2005, 03:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi guys sorry I havent had a chance to get in and say HI .
Great to hear from you Maggie, Im sure your life is VERY busy having 2 children to care for and working etc. I dont know how you do it. I actually saw my old job advertised the other day, I really would have loved to apply for it, I use to love that job and it was perfect. Only 3 hours a day from 4 pm to 7 pm working on the telephone. So Hubby could have looked after the babies, but I honestly dont think he would cope very well looking after 2 babies straight from finishing work himself, then coming home cooking dinner, bathing babies etc. Maybe in a year or two I may be able to see if they would take me back again . I just got kind of whimsical ( sp ) about actually being a person again if you know what I mean LOL Dont get me wrong I love my babies, they are my WHOLE world, but occasionally I get a little sad over not having a life anymore LOL
Andrea I pray that your test results come back good I actually went through all of that about 8 years ago, I ended up having to have cancerous cells removed off of my cervix then had to be closely watched for a couple of years. Thankfully all my tests have come back normal over the last 7 years or so Try not to fret about not breastfeeding anymore, like Shannon said the main thing is that your baby is HAPPY and HEALTHY . I know what you mean about fearing pregnancy LOL Remember Haley was not even 4 months old when I fell pregnant to Adam . Man do I so not want to fall pregnant, but thankfully Jules go in for the big chop on the 11th Feb, but we will still have to be VERY careful for a few months after that too ! Actually a friend of my sisters has just been blown away. She has a daughter about to turn 2 , another 5 month old daughter and just found out she is 6 weeks pregnant, maybe longer So she is going to have 3 babies under 3 !!!!!! I do very occasionally think it would be nice to have JUST 1 more LOL but not now ! But that wont happen with Jules getting chopped, plus I think Im getting too old. I will be 37 in October. I know lots of women do wait till there 40 to have babies, but I dont want to LOL way too old IMO lol
Shannon glad to hear your FIL left. I take it , it wasnt a good visit Thankgod I dont have to endure my FIL anymore. My life is hard enough with out putting up with his crap. Jules has spoken to him on the phone a few times, but the old boy knows where he stands in regards to coming here. I havent stopped Jules from seeing his father if he chooses to go up to where he lives, I just wont have him here. I occasionally feel bad that he hasnt got to meet Adam, but I have to put my children first ! Glad your outing with Avery went well Just think in about a years time she can sit up in a high chair and trash the place LOL We went out for a meal a few weeks back and you should have seen how much mess Haley made LMAO I had to clean it up though , I just couldnt have walked out leaving it all there LOL
Well I have to take Adam to the doctors, I am really really concernend about his neck, he seems to favour turning his head to the right and that is why he is getting the flat spot on his head I spoke to a nurse on the phone and she said sometimes babies with this problem ( turning there head one way ) need to have some physio . I can get him to turn his head to the left, but he struggles a little against it. Hopefully phsio will fix him up Other than that he is going great. Growing before my very eyes !!!! He is 12 weeks old today, man times goes soooooooooo fast ! I wish I could make it stand still sometimes. He is still sleeping really well through the night. Hopefully it will continue. Haley always was a good sleeper too, then literally turned over night and became a monster, if my memory is right it was when she started teething.
Anyway must go do some housework, we are in for another heat wave so want to get it done before it gets too hot.
Speak soon girls and TAKE CARE!
Amy where are you ? Hope all is well with you

Old 01-25-2005, 05:49 AM   #7
(female)

astw22 HB User

Hi Ladies

Yesterday Avery had her two month appt as well as her first shots.. she cried as expected but for the rest of the day was pretty good.. she slept alot.. last night she went to bed at 10pm and didnt wake until 8am this morning.. she's now weighing at 12 lbs 6 ozs and 22.5" long.. I actually had to start washing some of her 3-6 month clothes as she is outgrowing all the 0-3 now..she doesn't have to go back for another two months unless there is a problem of course.. Dr is pleased with her growth and doesn't have any concerns.

In other news I also had to take my dog to the vet to get checked... he is acting really strange..kinda depressed.. not wanting to move.. standing in one spot for like 10 mins at a time.. doesn't want to go down the stairs or sit on the couch with me..the vet couldnt' really tell me what was wrong... he gave me some antibiotics and an anti imflammatory for him to see if that helps.. he suggested doing further testing.. blood and x rays.. which are going to cost 350$.. so i hope he perks up with the medication..

Lisa - glad u posted.. I think one day when things are settled down and your children are older you can do that job u love!! I know what you mean about not having a life... sometimes its just nice to have an adult conversation when all day long you are talking to a baby...Its funny how when you have kids... you forget that you just can't drop everything and go somewhere and do something.. with a baby you have to work everything around feedings.. nap times.. etc.. sometimes I think it is bother to leave the house with Avery..I'll glad its the winter and I don't have much motivation to leave the house and go out in the cold anyways..

Oh and I don't think that 40 is too old to have a baby...you see more and more women waiting til they are older so they can have established careers first..are you okay with him getting a vasectomy or have you talked to him maybe about wanting another??? hahah I think however if that is whatever you decide as a couple.. he is definately the one that needs to get the chop... I mean after all women carry and have the babies.. I think its the least a man could do!! LOL..

Anyways I hear Avery talking so I must go check on her.. talk to everyone soon

Old 01-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #8
(female)

astw22 HB User

I am wondering if anyone else's little one..seems to be less hungry or feeding less often these days?? Avery is hardly even taking much now.. used to eat a full 5 oz bottle every 3 hours.. its been 3 hours from her last feeding and she ate an oz.. I am going to wait an hour to re-feed but is this common?? anyone else experiencing this now?? should I just be letting her tell me when she is hungry rather than feeding her every three hours now???

Old 01-26-2005, 08:21 AM   #9
(female)

LeesGirl HB User

Hello!
Shannon, I'm not sure the "right answer" but I can only tell you that I feed Alexa whenever she wants it! ahhahaa...I know that sounds horrible, but that is what my dr recommended. There are times when she eats 6 ozs (usually in the a.m.) then she will have another 5 ozs about 2-2 1/2 hours later!!! Then she may or may not go 3 hours....she is very unpredictable, but I feed her when she's hungry.... I mean, there are times when she'll eat every 2 hours, then go 4 hours (but her usual is about 2 1/2-3 hours...) AND...sometimes she'll only eat 2 ozs...depending on what she "wants"...
I was afraid that this would establish a horrible routine for the night, but it hasn't. My dr said that babies have a "tolerance" of how much they can eat a day... so some babies eat more in the a.m., and gradually taper off in the afternoon, or visa versa... Her point was that they are filling their bellies for the night time, which is our goal so they sleep.
I hope this helps and wasn't confusing!

Alexa is such a cat napper! She takes 20-30 min naps here and there.. Anyone else experiencing this?

I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be so hard...but at least I have the summer to look forward to... Going back in Sept will be harder...Ugh!

Also, I think it is Lisa with the "flat head" worry... How flat is it? Alexa has a little bit of "flat head" so I am trying to put her on her side during the daytime when she naps and plays...or when she is under her playgym (baby Einstein one) it has a little pillow for the neck so her head isn't flat on the floor... I wasn't too concerned, but I must admit since your post I'm nervous about it now!!! I think she favors looking one way too, but I hear this is common? How is Adam doing with it now?

Well, Lexi is sleeping so I want to do some things before she wakes up!!!

(I still wish we could all share pics somehow...)
6 pounds 8 ounces
17.5 inches long

Last edited by LeesGirl; 01-26-2005 at 08:22 AM. Reason: I had to add something :)

Old 01-26-2005, 01:49 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi everyone, cant post too much this morning as I am taking Adam to the doctors to see about his head and neck.
Andrea what your doing with Lexi is good. Its quite normal for babies to have a bit of a flat spot, but Adams seemed really flat to me But over the past week I have been doing what you do and putting him on his side more during the day, I have also turned him up the other way in his crib and put his mobile and other things I have for him to look at on the other side of the cot to encourage him to look the other way. Im more worried about his neck than his flat spot now. He will look to the left, but not much, and when I try and move his head to the left he seems to struggle against it . Like I said in my previous post he may need to have some physio, but should know more after we see the doc this morning I know what you mean about sharing pics I actually contacted the moderator about maybe sharing contact details or putting a link to a website, but rules are rules !
Shannon I was thinking the same as you about Adam not seeming to want as much anymore, most days I try and get 5 bottles into him, but some days he only has 4 now, but he is having quite a bit in each bottle 6 to 6 and half oz's per bottle.( roughly 175 mls ) Im so glad to hear that Avery's check up went well and it wasnt too traumatic having the shots
I hope all turns out well for you dog How old is he ? Lets hope the medication works so you dont have to fork out all that money!!!
I have also had to start pulling out the bigger clothes for Adam but lately with the stinking hot weather he has spent a lot of time just in a nappy or with a singlet on. Unless we go out of course LOL
Andrea how much longer till you get your test results back ? I will be praying for you
Maggie hope all is well with you, I miss your posts, come back soon ok
Anyway gotta run, get the kids ready and head out the door....Its going to be another stinker of a hot day today so I want to be home again before the real heat sets. Will post again later tonight to let you know how I went at the docs
TAKE CARE EVERYONE !

Old 01-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #11
(female)

astw22 HB User

Hi Ladies

My Dr's office just called and I had abnormal cells found from the pap.. It also picked up a yeast infection that I have treated.. they want me to come back in 6 months for a re check.. I have never had an abnormal results before...should I be overly concerned about this?? I know Andrea you have some experience with this and are awaiting test results yourself... should I be freaking out now??? I thinking maybe not since they want me to come back in 6 months... but I don't know.... HELP!!

Old 01-27-2005, 12:24 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi Shannon, try not to freak hun, if it was anything serious they would be doing further testing NOW ! I also had probs with this many years ago and it depends on what grade the abnormal cells are ? You must have low grade ones. That is what happened to me. A lot of the time they just go away on their own and can be caused from infection etc. Remember you have just had a baby Its funny you mention the yeast infection, I was plaqued by them for many years and that is when I use to get a lot of abnormal results on my pap smears, I wonder if there is any connection ? I dont know how severe your yeast infection is, but I wouldnt wish them on anyone . Way back when my diabeties was very poorly controlled I had a yeast infection for about 2 years, I just couldnt shift it and I went through pure hell ! Hopefully yours is only mild. If you are really concerned ring back and ask to speak to the doctor so he can explain it better than me
Andrea hope you have got good results back on your test ! Get back to us soon hun
Well I took Adam to my doctor and he doesnt seem to think there is anything major wrong with Adams neck, but he has referred me to see a paediatrition and believe it or not its the same one I took my biggest baby to see many years ago. By the way my son turned 19 yesterday I cant believe he is 19 years old It seems like only yesterday to me that he was born That is why I get so sad sometimes about how fast my babies are growing and when I am at low points I just keep reminding myself of how quickly they do grow up and to cherish every single moment ! Not that it was easy for me to do last night Haley has been a real horror the past few days and NIGHTS ! Its really tested my patience I can tell you ! I have actually started another thread begging for advice
Anyway must go feed Adam, its so peaceful here right now Its raining, I love the sound of rain especially when we have been through a hot spell !
TAKE CARE GIRLS, try not to worry Shannon and hope to hear from you soon Andrea !

Old 01-27-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
(female)

LeesGirl HB User

Hi girls!
Still no word from the Dr, but that is good...they said that they would contact me in about a week only if the results were "severe"... and today is a week. So, if everything is okay then I just have to go back in 6 months... Lisa, thanks so much for your support

Shannon, try not to freak..I know it's hard..but if the results were severe, then they would have had you in there doing a biopsy and posibly a LEEP procedure to get rid of the cells. Like Lisa said, the abnormal cells might go away..you see, from what I understand, they are always "there", but they just go dormant from time to time...so changes, such as labor, can change the cells. Just make sure you go every 6 months and don't slack on that! It's important to know that the cells are not changing from "mild/moderate to severe"... But for now, don't panic

Okay, Lexi has been really really really really good at night! Wooo hoooo! I just don't want to jinx it! She has been going down around 7:30/8:00, waking at 2:30ish (last night was 3:38!), then around 6:30/7:00am!!! I love it!!! I hope it only gets better!
The napping is still inconsistent, but I'm just going with it...I'm not stressing out about that..I figure she will fall into a daytime routine when she is ready

Well, good luck Shannon and LIsa....what is the advice that you need???
We are all here to help you here, too!
6 pounds 8 ounces
17.5 inches long

Old 01-27-2005, 07:51 PM   #14
(female)

astw22 HB User

Thanks Everyone for your replies... I feel much better now.. you see it was the nurse from the doc's office that called and she didn't say too much just quickly passed me off to the receptionist for an appt in 6 months... so I was a little worried but now I feel much better... you are right.. if it was serious they would be doing something about it now.. not 6 months from now....

Lisa - im glad your appt with the dr went well and u were able to get a referral to a pediatrician... I hope that dr is able to suggest something for Adam flat spot.. I have been trying to keep Avery in different positions but when they cant sit or crawl its hard.... as for the yeast infection... this is only my 3rd one in my life (started getting them when pregnant with Avery)... I guess all the hormone changes are triggering them... hopefully now since I am back on the pill a month now maybe they will stop... to be honest it takes me a while to catch them because there is no severe itching.. it takes me a while to put the discharge, itching and burning during sex together lol... I think I have a handle on it now though.. lol..

Just so u know too... I am seeing some small improvements in my dog so I am just going to stick with the medication and hope it does the trick.. I am convinced now that there is however something wrong with his hips and back in some of the way he has been standing and sitting.. he doesnt seem to be in pain... but I have an anti-inflammatory for him anyways.. so that might be helping...

Andrea - No news is good new eh...Im so glad that Lexi is getting into a predictable "night" routine for you..Avery is pretty predictable too.. I can count on her to sleep 8 hours overnight... and to always while napping wake up 30 mins before a feeding..lol..

Maggie - Well I thought someone told me that after you have a baby the lbs just melt away...haha I don't see that happening.. I still have 13 lbs to pre-pregnancy.. I tried on my regular jeans and got soo depressed... they didnt go past my knees.. I cant believe I was that small once upon a time.. I haven't been really dieting but just watching what I eat.. avoiding fast food... but I have been exercising... I go on my treadmill for 30 mins a day and I am up to running 9 mins.. so hopefully I can build my lung capacity and then I can run for 30 mins and lose all this weight.. I am also doing some sit ups at home.. I am going to get a gym pass in February.... so I can start doing some classes and swimming... to help with that and get out of the house more.. they even have a day care if needed.. so that is good....I think if u get consistent with exercise even 20 mins a day then it would be helpful... I know however sometimes 20 mins is hard when u have two kids, a job, a new puppy, a DH and now your parents are splitting... wow.. your plate is full.. my parents split when I was 17.. so I know exactly what that feels like and what you are going through... my parents didnt do so over good terms though.. it was an ugly situation..

anyways.. I must head off to bed... thanks again for all your support.. I can always count on you guys to be there when I need it..

Old 01-30-2005, 05:21 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi everyone well a pretty quiet weekend here for us
We went and brought a second hand dining room table off of ebay, but its in great condition A nice wooden one with the turned legs etc. The other one we had was terrible ! I have actually been selling a lot of gear on ebay, quite a lot of people make it a small home business on the side. Something I may consider doing in the future when the babies are a little older
Maggie great to hear from you again hun, thanks for the extra info about abnormal cells etc, I think I may have to go have another pap, the last one for me was when I was pregnant with Haley. So going on for 2 years. Im actually a little worried, ( dont want to get personal ) but the last few times we have "done it" its hurt. So Im a little worried I may have an infection or something It cant be anything from having Adam as its been 3 months since I had him , and we have been doing it again for 2 months without any pain or anything, so its got to be a new thing I will keep an eye on things and maybe go to the docs, but was wondering if you guys had had anything similar ( maybe it is to do with childbirth )
Sorry to hear about your parents Maggie, my parents broke up when I was 5 so I dont really remember, but it must be hard for you being piggy in the middle and trying not to take sides ! Adam is the same as Sophie, will sleep about 8 to 9 hours over night, I try and give him his last bottle a little later in the evening if I can, but it doesnt always work out that way LOL How is the new puppy going, what did you call it ? I think its a good idea you got one while Sophie is a baby, they will grow up together
Shannon glad to hear your dog is improving a little, you mentioned about his his hips etc, how old is he ? I think its fairly common in older dogs to get probs with their hips and bones. But I have also heard of young dogs getting arthritis too. My parents irish setter has always had probs with her hips and arthritis since she was about 5. Keep up the good work with your excerise, I actually dont have a chance to do ANY lol, but I figure I put in a few miles a day just walking around the house and chasing after Haley LOL My weight has been the same for a couple of months now. But I guess its better than putting anymore on LOL
Andrea definately NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS Let us know as soon as you hear anything. Your right about just letting the bubs set their own daytime routine. I try to stick to as close as possible with Adam and his feeding, but doesnt happen that often LOL The advice I was talking about was with Haley, she is still being a terror to get to sleep at night, sometimes crying and roaring for over 2 hours before she will finally go to sleep and I tell you its the last thing I need in the evening, I am well and truly exhausted by then and just want to relax or crawl into bed, but Haley makes it impossible. Im actually going to buy a tv to put in her room. She hardly watches television AT ALL, so I figure it cant hurt for me to put it on for a little while in the evening for her, if it will help her drift off to sleep. Im just about ready to try ANYTHING at this stage LOL
Anyway on that note, must go give her some lunch and give Adam his bottle.
Hope you are all well and talk soon

Closed Thread