It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2005, 05:34 AM   #1
(male)

Tim58 HB User
Daughter's grounding essay update

Hi,

My DW made our dd write every word of her essay - all 2,000 of them. It took dd all weekend to complete and when she finished it on Sunday evening she virtually threw the essay at my wife and stomped off to bed virtually in tears. She called me a rotten pig and was last heard describing her mum to her best friend as a cow. Looks like the punishment really stung!

DD got stuck half way through because DW insisted she stay on topic and not repeat herself. I must admit the finished article of 7 sides of A4 looked a pretty lengthy essay. Tough I suppose but by no means excessive.

My guess is that dd is going to have to accept her punishment a bit more gracefully in future. DW showed dd her pad and warned her she had plenty more paper for longer essays.

The good thing is that dd has told her friend that she wont be going out nearly so much because of the essay threat for unfinished homework. Its working as a deterrent already. It's certainly going to be my wife's normal form of punishment for dd. Lastly a number of my wife's friends are definitely going to assign essays.

Tim

Old 01-24-2005, 05:51 AM   #2
(female)

astw22 HB User
Re: Daughter's grounding essay update

Tim - so glad that you and your wife had success with this one.. I know originally you wondered if you should be using this method/ was it too harsh... well aren't you happy you stuck to your guns??? I think it was a great idea... I think I may even use it for my DD.. haha.. I have a ways to go though.. she is 2 months old...Thanks for the update...

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 06:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: Daughter's grounding essay update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim58
She called me a rotten pig and was last heard describing her mum to her best friend as a cow. Looks like the punishment really stung!
Perhaps her next essay should be on the importance of not calling your parents names! Ha!

Glad you stuck with the punishment and didn't ease off on her! I may borrow your idea for my 14yo son...

Closed Thread