It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 06:10 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User
Help with nephews

My sister is coming to visit in a few months with her children. They are 4 and 2. I have a 5 year old son. I have tried to raise him to be polite and nice and sharing and well behaved. My nephews are being raised in a different way and I'm nervous about the visit. They hit each other and other people when they don't get their way. They say "I hate you" to whomever doesn't want to play with them. They throw tantrums and scream and I'm not sure how to handle this. My son is a little too sensitive, so I already know his feelings will get hurt. Do you think it's okay to try to handle her kids? From what I gathered at Christmas, my sister's way of handling it is to say "Oh, please don't do that". If that doesn't work, she will then attempt a time out with the child screaming the whole time. They then go right back to the behavior. I already know my husband is going to have a hard time with this. What should I do? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tandy

Closed Thread