It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #1

TracieWilton HB User
My baby doesn't love me?

HI! I am a new mother of 11 weeks, and I feel as though I have a strange problem. My bay doesn't appear to love me. I thought as his mother I would be his "one and only," and I never knew I would have to try so ahrd to get him to smile, when others seemingly can do it soooo easy....even strangers? My husband evokes a smile and a giggle out of the boy in about 5 seconds, and I work 30 minutes to get a smirk. Otherwise, i swear my kid is looking at me out of disgust. Please tell me this will change!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: My baby doesn't love me?

Oh it will change! Your child may just be hanging on your every word. He has known your voive only and everything around him is so new. He is still very young. He will go through stages too where it seems your all he wants and then the following week he may only want his daddy. My kids are 4,3,3 and I swear they act like they want to crawl back in the way they are sooo much up my bum. lol Don't feel bad sweetie I am 100% you are the most important thing in that childs life. IF you are tense maybe he is feeling that emotion from you? Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 02:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Actually, Tracie, 11 weeks is way too young for your baby to have the "one and only" behavior. It's generally around 10 months that infants develop stranger anxiety and show a strong preference for their mothers. Until then, they appear to be quite fickle - ie they usually are perfectly happy for anyone to hold them, feed them, etc.

Even though your baby isn't showing it yet, I'm with Soulcatcher. I am sure that you are the most important person in his life! Don't be discouraged.

Old 02-06-2005, 05:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi Tracie, try not to feel too bad hun Adam was exactly the same, the difference being he wouldnt smile at ANYONE ! Its really only been the last 2 weeks that he has started smiling and chuckling etc and he will be 14 weeks old tomorrow. Im sure your little boy loves you hun you are his MOMMY

Old 02-06-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
(female)

thidagirl22 HB User

I would not worry. Your baby loves you very much. He is still itty bitty. You never know but maybe when you hold him he's just thinking of food. My nephew did this for a long time to his mommy. He would smile when everyone else was holding him but when he had his mommy he was ready to get down to business. I'm sure everything will change in a month or two.

Old 02-07-2005, 04:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

Don't worry. When my 1st was very young, not only did it seem that he didn't like me, but he would cry 90% of the time that I held him. Just me! A total stranger could hold him and he'd be fine, I'd hold him and he'd cry and cry.. It was very hard on me...but he grew out of it after about 2 months! You will become the amazing magical mommy, and then you'll never be able to escape!!

Old 02-08-2005, 09:34 AM   #7
(female)

motherof 3 HB User

i think that is a first mom thing cause i use to thing the same thing because i had so many poeple helping me with my first and second child i was afaid that we wouldnt have the mother child boned , it changed every quickly were mommy was they only one they wanted and if mommy didnt pick them up they cry or if someone esle pick them up they cry , it just the stages they go through , it so wounderful being need by your children when there young but ..... anyway your baby loves you and soon youll be the only one that your baby well want then there grow out of it , i just when through this with my 7 month little girl

Old 02-08-2005, 09:47 AM   #8
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I have been on my computer for a half hour while my children are attempting to clean their rooms and I have counted 43 times that they have already been in here!!! The day will come my dear.......the day will come....hahahaha

Old 02-18-2005, 08:18 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Momx2in04 HB User

tracie - I'm with everyone else. Don't worry! I remember the same worry with Ian, and now there is no one who can take my place for him - he loves other people very much, but no one is like a mommy. Sophie is now 12 weeks old, and she smiles much more readily at other people than at me. She isn't quite to the laughing point either although she's close. I think at this age they are so intent upon their mothers that they just focus hard on us and don't just relax and smile. Really, don't worry. He loves you! Give it a few months and then he'll be crying when you leave him and you'll be wishing just the opposite of what you want now!

Closed Thread