It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

kind1 HB User
I have permanent damage from "huffing!!"

Hello. I have a traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other permanent damage from inhalants also called huffing (inhaling fumes from products like glue, paint, or any type of gas/solvent) from when I was 12 trying to self-medicate. (I'm now in my 30's.) I posted a previous message here on the parenting issues board and found my post from doing a search here with the word "huffing." I left a post last March, 3-9-04 called "Your kids could be huffing their lives away!!!" So please feel free to search my posts from before and print it out too!! It could save a life and/or quality of life!!!

I have permanent damage to my brain/nervous system, bone marrow (fatty inner lining of bones), and throughout my entire system. There's a site (we're not allowed to post websites on these boards) by the National Inhalant Prevention Coalition and they have ways to talk to one's kids of different ages. Just click site map on that website. And please impress on your kids that inhalants are actual POISONS and not "just" drugs. Inhalants don't "just" kill, but can make a person permanently disabled like me. Bless you and please take good care, Aimee

Closed Thread