It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2005, 12:29 AM   #1
(female)

sculpture HB User
fears after birth

Has anyone here developed a fear of dying since giving birth to your child?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2005, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: fears after birth

What exactly do you mean by "fear of dying",could you elaborate?also are you suffering with any other "symptoms"?Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2005, 07:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

Oh yes!! I did have one before giving birth but now it has quadrupled. It does get better as they get older but not much. Sometimes I just stare at him and cry because I am so scared that something will happen to me and that he would be left motherless and I also think about going on without him. I just love him so much. He is 16 months.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

Funny you should mention this, Just last night me and my dh had a discussion on who we were gonna name as our daughters legal guardian, it was awfull to even consider the possibility of or baby girl growing up without either one of us
And we were talking about maternal instnct and I was saying if anything ever happened to me he would have to supply Gabby with the love and affection I giver her and I was in tears lol

Last edited by ~PJ~; 02-13-2005 at 11:08 AM.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

PJ, my DH and I had to do the same thing. He had to write his living will when he joined the military and we had to put it down. I was crying then, I didn't even want to think about it, and depressed for days afterwards!

But I responded to a similar post earlier... yes, I've developed a huge fear of dying since having him. It's gotten even worse since I've been pregnant. I never had this before having children. I've gotten anxiety about flying (which NEVER bothered me before) and driving, all sorts of things that could harm me or him. And crazy OCD like things like checking the smoke detector and constantly plotting escape plans in case of fire....

I don't know if it's normal or not!
DD born 3/24/2005

Old 02-13-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi everyone, I too have developed the same fears since having my babies. I am frightened of pretty much everything now LOL Someone else mentioned about driving etc, I am exactly the same ! I also worry about death and every twinge I feel lately I am convinced I am about to have a heart attack or a stroke or something. I hope you guys dont think I am a nut case I actually rang up my mother late one night a few weeks back having a panic attack and convinced I was about to die. Mum said its a combination of no sleep, my emotions and hormones still settling down etc. But man I hope this passes soon ! I think its just a natural motherly instinct to worry about our babies and what would happen if something happened to us. Many times I pray to god and say please dont let anything happen to me, my babies need me Anyway its great to know Im not the only one going through this. Hope we all get over this soon !

Old 02-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

WOW and I thought I was the only person that thought such a crazy thing (well not crazy in my book, but others look at me like I'm nuts)!!! Yes I have developed that fear right after my son was born and thats been over 5 years ago...and I have to say I think it gets worse with time! I always sit around and think what would happen to my baby if something ever happened to me!?! I just think that no one else can raise my child like I can...like no one is safe enough to have him! Then again I'm one of those that dont trust my child with anyone else either! Not even his father and thats bad! Everytime he goes somewhere I worry myself sick! I just can't stand the feeling of thinking something might happen to him! Everytime he goes somewhere with someone else I give the lecture of keep him safe, don't let anything bad happen to him and bring him back home like he was when he left and if you don't then your in BIG trouble!!! Maybe I got issues I don't know, but you are not alone!!!

Old 02-14-2005, 06:33 AM   #8

lexdc1 HB User

After the birth of my son (now 16 months) I was terrified of dying. Every little symptom was something huge. I totally know what you're talking about. Health anxiety was a huge obstacle for me...don't let it happen to you. Talk to your doctor. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel!!

Old 02-16-2005, 04:45 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

layla= HB User

Its something all us parents feel CHILDREN MAKE YOU NUTS

Closed Thread