It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2005, 07:27 AM   #1
(female)

littlegal HB User
Unhappy stepmom needing to vent!!

Hello everyone!!
I just need a few moments to vent here!! I am having such a terrible time trying to have patience with by husband's ex wife!!! She has custody of my husband's daughter and she is in total control!! She tells us what day we can call the daughter and the time. We have a life and have meetings or other occasionsthat causes us to be late. If we dare to call 15 minutes late - sorry - too late can't talk. When it's our weekend to have her, the mother done made plans for her and we have to take her back early. I feel sad for my husband and frustrated because she's won't compromise about anything. I need to remember that I can't change the mother's attitude but I need help in order to change me and get through this. Any advice on how I can learn to stay calm for my sake and my marriage?

Old 02-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: stepmom needing to vent!!

DH's brother and his wife go thru this all the time. Neither of them have custody of their kids. They have the kids call them 'cuz otherwise their parent screens calls. If arrangements are made for activities during their weekend -- THEY take the children to the activity or friends house. A lot of times it's just the parent trying to take time away from the noncustodial parent and as the children got older, they'd make their own arrangements and tell off the meddling mom/dad that they'd rather spend time with the noncustodial parent. Basically my bro-in-law would make sure to have really fun weekend activities planned -- renting movies, going somewhere, so the kids would choose to be with them. A lot of times their Mom would make playdates with kids they didn't even WANT to be friends with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread