It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
does anyone else have a "crybaby"?

my just turned 9 yr old is the nicest kindest sweetest honest child a parent could ever ask for. She hardly ever does anything wrong, thinks of others before herself and is the nicest kid you could want to be around BUT she cries over everything!! i dont mean when she wants something or is in trouble. she cries if someone calls her a baby, or hurts someones feeling by mistake or anything emotional in her life she cries at the drop of a hat!! If her siblings say something unkind or she is questioned about something she might get in a touch of trouble for the tears flow!! we have tried to get her to calm down and breath but she is so darn emotional!! how am i suppose to get her to calm down and not be so upset??

Old 02-25-2005, 09:15 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

arock HB User
Re: does anyone else have a "crybaby"?

hayley, i have a crybaby boy who is almost six. i don't know what to do either, and it's started causing him trouble in school. if you have any ideas i'd love to hear them. same description too, sweet, honest, kind, thoughtful kid. so sensitive! i keep thinking that maybe he should go to monster truck shows with his dad or something, you know? toughen him up? it's worse with a boy though, sexism being a two-way thing and all. boys don't cry, just mine. over everything, not getting picked, unkind words, frusteration over whatever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2005, 06:18 AM   #3
(female)

tracey1266 HB User
Re: does anyone else have a "crybaby"?

Hi guys,
I know what your saying, I have had this problem too. I had a cub scout that would cry at the drop of the hat. I finally had to tell him to go to another area of the meeting to get himself together and eventually the crying stopped. With him it was an attention getter. Sometimes though it is that a child is so kind hearted that their feelings are really hurt. I normally talk to my daughter to calm her and explain that someimes kids can be cruel and that is why she needs to be careful about how she talks to others too. Usually this works, but my daughter can be quite the drama queen sometimes and when she starts going over the top, we send her to her room. I tell her to get it all out and she will feel better. It usually takes about a minute of being alone to get her to stop, then I talk to her about what happened. I have found that trying to deal with her during the crying only exacerbates the situation. I may be wrong and there may be a better way to handle it, but this has been working for me.

Closed Thread