It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User
Exhausted mom, our daughter sick for almost a year now

I don't know how parents do it when their child has a chronic illness which involves lots of Dr. visits, pain meds, and pain. My heart goes out to parents when I read about their stories of their children with epilipsy, or cancer or any other long term illness.

Our 17 year old daughter has been plagued with a migraine headache that turned into 24/7. She is on medication to cover the pain.....but the migraine is still there. Her life has slowly dwindled away because of the break thru headaches. There have been side-effects from the medications she is on.
She can't be around loud noise, so it isolates her from most places and people. She feels nauseated most of the time and the nite time is miserable for her.

We are blessed to have insurance that have covered a percentage of the costs. I think it may be hardest on the mom.....at least for me I feel bad because nothing we have tried is working. Its effecting our family .
I am looking for a councelor now. I feel helpless. I know we are blessed
because we have loving family and a supportive church group.

Its not getting any better....I'm feeling pretty blue today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Exhausted mom, our daughter sick for almost a year now

Sorry to hear about your exhaustion. Think of it this way.....God tests you for a reason of his own....maybe he see's strength in some people and tests them on earth so when you get to heaven you will have a very important job. Mothers do what they have to because we have big hearts and tons of strength. Sometimes we run really low but then one day out of the blue we see a blessing and it makes it all worth wild. Isn't it amazing the emotions mothers go through? Your daughter is very lucky to have you and you are a good mother. You will be blessed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User
Re: Exhausted mom, our daughter sick for almost a year now

Thank you Soulcatcher for your encouraging words.
nana

Closed Thread