It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

momsbrandi HB User
My 12 year old..........

My 12 year old is about to drive this whole house crazy. I mean, we're constantly at war. Always an argument going on, and she is one of the parties. Very defiant, mad for any little thing, always irritable. She has spoken to her teachers disrespectfully once or twice. Argues with someone at school at least twice a week. I just don't know what else to do with this kid. Punishing, spanking, calmly speaking about issues, nothing works. I brought the chilid to see a physchiatrist today. Hopefully he can put some sense to this. In the morning's I hate to wake her because I know it's going to be chaotic. When it's time for her to get home from school, I start feeling down. Can anyone relate?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User
Re: My 12 year old..........

I too have a 12 years old thatsets the whole house arguing ..all three of us , (she's an only child. I swear it must be hormones or something ,she'll be 13 in a month and they say it's only going to get worst ( that really scares me she is so nast tempered now ....she tells me she hates me daily..put her foot in the wall twice ..dented it )Granted her teachers love her and praise her as being one of the best students they've ever taught , but she swears she usea all her "goodness:up at school . She was colicky as a baby and i swear it's coming back !! Write back about the physchiatrist please and tell me how it goes , where scedualled for family counciling in 3 weeks .....good luck !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
(female)

Sucha HB User
Re: My 12 year old..........

I can totally relate...my daughter is going to be twelve in a few months, but she sounds just like your daughters. Only she has issues at school too, she is not totally disrespectful but lies to her teachers and parents about school work. She'll blame things on her teachers when speaking to me, and then tell her teachers she doesn't have her homework because of something I did or said... If she is confused on soething and we are trying to help her, she will get frustrated and rude. She too is an only child, has a lot of nice toys, etc. has a nice home, but if you ask her her life is awful and her parents are mean. There is always an argument over every little thing. Sometimes I get to the point where I dont even want to talk to her beacuse she has an argument for everything I say. I say the sky is blue, she says its purple...I can also relate to the feeling down around the time for her to come home. I know the battles over the homework and the deceiving lies will start then...
I too would be interested in knowing the results of your visit to the Psychiatrist. Let us know.

Closed Thread