It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 06:48 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

drewsmom24 HB User
2 year old!!!!!

I am really starting to think that my son has a behavioral problem. He acts like he cant hear a word I say. I cant walk with him anywhere, he has to be in the stroller like a baby or he is all over the store. I need to get this under controll due to the fact that I am pregnant and cant chace him arounf for very much longer. When he is good he is loving and listenes to me, then an hour later is on my last nerve. I need to know that this is regular 2yr old behavior and not just my child. I need to know how to fix him. I love him to death and he is such a mommas boy, but OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 07:30 AM   #2

honeybeems HB User
Re: 2 year old!!!!!

sounds like a normal 2 year old. it's hard when your pregnant and they are sooo busy. i kept mine in the stroller or cart as long as i could so i didn't have to chase them. if possible i went shopping without them and let daddy watch them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

drewsmom24 HB User

Thank you so much. I just love to hear that my son is normal and not a problem child. and I also like the fact that Im not the only person that gets embarrased by there child in public.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

Sounds like a normal toddler. MIL said the other night, if I didn't know better, I'd swear DS had a hearing problem. And then he turned around and gave her an evil grin. Try talking ABOUT him instead of to him. Around this age toddlers start to learn about eavesdropping. Do something like telling his favorite stuffed animal what a good boy he was 'cuz he ate all his lunch.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:57 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

drewsmom24 HB User

wow what an idea. oh I hope it works!

Old 03-11-2005, 11:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Drewsmom, I have to agree that what you describe sounds like typical 2-year-old behavior. They're not called the "terrible twos" for nothing, right? Actually, if all he does is act like he can't hear a word you're saying, you're ahead of the game! Throwing themselves on the floor and having screaming, kicking tantrums is common.

I kept my kids in the stroller until they were four. I wasn't going to have them running around the store; I didn't think it was safe. When they got tired of being in the stroller, we left. Getting out wasn't an option.

Old 03-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

drewsmom24 HB User

Oh ya the tantrums sound familiar. He is not to big on them but they are there! Im just glad Im not alone!
P.S. How did you potty train you boys?

Closed Thread