It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
(female)

Betty Bee HB User
PLease share your stepchild/blended family experience

I was hoping some of you out there would be willing to share your experiences with step children and the blended family. Any advice on what to do, and what not to do would be helpful. The more information I have the better prepared I will be in entering into my new family. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Last edited by Betty Bee; 03-16-2005 at 03:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User
Re: PLease share your stepchild/blended family experience

Hi Betty,

I want to reply to your post but I have to go now, I also wanted to reply to your other post as well...

I'm a single mom of a 16 1/2 year old boy - I have been living with my boyfriend for 5 years now - My boyfriend has 3 children...

The best advice I can offer right now, be yourself, don't force yourself on the child, be his friend, don't be his mother, Think of him as your newphew or godson. Think about how you would want to be treated if you were his age and a new woman entered into your life and was going to be part of it.

Decipline is important but, pick and choose your battles....

Barnes and Nobles has a parent section, for new parents, step-parenting, and blended famlies. I'm usually on the Relationship Health thread, I posted a long story about this - answering to someone's post about step children -
Maybe it will help you? I have to go back and see where it is and tell you the thread name....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

If you go to the Relationship Health thread, on the fourth page (as of today)
look for;
married with step children...started by Beth Ann, there are 48 replys (as of today ) you'll find some good input, maybe some helpful advice, and my LONG post reply to that thread....

Let me know if you have any questions - I'll be on the boards tomorrow morning..

P.S. - I think it's WONDERFUL of you to look for support, advice and others experience to guide you in becoming part of this boys life....Sounds like your already doing a good job and headed in the right direction.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:16 AM   #4
(female)

Betty Bee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlHarley
If you go to the Relationship Health thread, on the fourth page (as of today)
look for;
married with step children...started by Beth Ann, there are 48 replys (as of today ) you'll find some good input, maybe some helpful advice, and my LONG post reply to that thread....

Let me know if you have any questions - I'll be on the boards tomorrow morning..

P.S. - I think it's WONDERFUL of you to look for support, advice and others experience to guide you in becoming part of this boys life....Sounds like your already doing a good job and headed in the right direction.

GirlHarley

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I look forward to reading the posts you mentioned. I appreciate your advice as well.

Thanks again,

BB

Last edited by Betty Bee; 03-17-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Closed Thread