It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #1
(female)

TwoSweetKiddos HB User
Talking October/November 2004 Mommies #3!!!

Here is new thread ladies!

Hm, you have a good memory to still know Sophie's birthweight. VERY close to Phee's and Phee is short for Sophie too! Lots of similarities!

Congrats on the walking Amy! So proud of Miss Ammalin! Check in at our other spot soon ok!!

Ag

Old 09-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User
Re: October/November 2004 Mommies #3!!!

LMAO AG, yeah I noticed all the similarities too I have tried to find your other spot with no luck whatsover
Well Adam is still waking up all hours of the night and also becoming hard to get to sleep at night too ! He use to be great, I could put him down at 7pm and most nights he would go right to sleep and if he didnt he would just lay there talking then drift off. He always use to sleep right through till about 8 am. Now he is like a different kid I cant get him to have his milk anymore, I am lucky if I get one and a half bottles a day into him now. Thats why I asked about when I could put him on cows milk. I figured maybe he doesnt like the taste of the formula anymore. He still isnt crawling yet either. Im trying really hard not to worry about it, but he will be 1 in about 6 weeks so should well and truly be on the move. But I guess he will do it in his own good time. My mum said that my little brother was a really lazy baby LOL So maybe it runs in the family
My darling little Haley turns 2 in 6 days. I can hardly believe it. Time is going way too fast. She has turned into a little parrot, learning so many new words each day. I taught her to say 2 and hold up 2 fingers when I ask her how old she is going to be. Its so cute
Well not much more really happening in my neck of the woods. Each day seems to blend into another. I have the kids booked in to start one day a week in a child care centre in the beginning of December. This is a brand new place being built as we speak. It will be from about 10 am in the morning till about 3 pm in the afternoon, so it will be great to have a break and also for them to be around other kids ....
Anyway must go , hubby will be home shortly and the house still looks like a bomb hit it LOL
Catch up soon and hope everyone is doing good !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

Okay since the last thread got closed right after I posted I will post it again here.

"The October/November Mommies have their first walker! Ammalin took her first steps 2 days ago!! We are so proud of her!"

We have sent out the invitations to Ammalin's birthday party. It is on her actual birthday, October 23rd. It's going to be a lot of fun! It's Dora themed and very cute! Ammalin LOVES Dora! She looks a lot like her too!

She takes steps at least once a day, so she's not walking walking but she definitely took steps and she's definitely on her way to walking. She will stand in the middle of the room for a long time. lol She is so proud of herself. I can't believe how fast they grow. I know everyone says that but seriously...I perfectly remember being in the hospital with her...how could it have all slipped by so fast?

She has been saying, "What's this?" the past couple of days...It's really cute! She plays "So Big" and LOVES Patty Cake. She is so silly.

Ag - Thanks! I will check it out. I'm sorry I haven't yet...I have been busy packing. We are moving into a bigger apartment in 3 days!

Lisa - Don't worry about Adam not crawling. It's very normal for some babies not to crawl until older than he is, and it's even normal for them to skip crawling altogether! Maybe one day he will just pull himself up! I can't believe Haley is going to be 2! I remember when I first started talking to you...She wasn't more than 6 months. Geez. That makes me really sad. Happy Birthday, Haley! I hope that she has a wonderful birthday! It sounds like she is such a happy, smart little girl! :-D

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Old 09-23-2005, 05:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Thanks Amy, I do need reassurance occasionally about Adam being a bit behind.
WOOHOO AMMALIN. Isnt it so gorgeous when they start taking their first little steps I wish I had a video camera back when Haley did. We actually just got one. Im sure I will be furiously filming both of the kids LOL But it would have been nice to have some video of them when they were new born etc. I actually have some video of when my eldest son was a new born. Its freaky watching it and then seeming him now a fully grown man
So where is everyone ? I know how hard it can be to actually have spare time to get on the comp though. So I hope you are all well
Anyway just a really quick post. I am exhausted and I have a big day tomorrow cleaning up this house and getting everything ready for Haleys birthday party on Sunday.
Will check in again soon

Old 09-29-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

Hey girls! I just found out the other day that we are expecting #2 around May 26th-28th, 2006. It was a big shock because we weren't trying! Ammalin and the new baby will be 19 months apart.

Lisa - Adam isn't behind at all! I'm sure he is perfectly fine!

Old 10-02-2005, 06:18 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

Hello Ladies!!
Amy WOW Congratulations!!!! And congrats to Ammalin on her walking too! I actually thought I was pg last month but I just turned out to be a few days late with a forhead full of spots LOL
Lisa I hope you guys had a lovely time for Haley's 2nd Birthday. Happy belated birthday Haley!! I bet you can't belive she's 2 all ready and most of you guys will soon be celebrating your babies 1st birthdays Has Adam started taking his milk again? I changed Gabs to a Progress formula for older babies cause she went off hers too. She seems to like the new one.. other than that I can't see it being a problem switching to cows milk now... you've prob all ready sorted this out though lol.
Sorry I had been so slack with posting latley.. My mom is visiting from Canada and I'm also having some major issues with Dh... hopefully we are going to be able to work through our problems but right now I dunno...
Anyways, Gabby is getting sooo big! She's got 5 teeth and number 6 is well on it's way. Unfortunatly with all this teething she's been doing she's not very consistent with sleeping through the night either.
I'll try and post soon again.. I might get around to posting on the Relationship board.. the support and advice I've got from you all has always been wonderfull. Talk soon, Take Care PJ

Old 10-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

WOOOHOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS AMY ON NUMBER 2 ON THE WAY I was only thinking recently I wonder if any of the October/November mommies would have another soon LOL. You must be so excited Im so so sorry I havent posted in ages. I had some major traumas here recently My idiot husband accidently left the gate open when he was half drunk and let BOTH of my dogs out. Cutting an extremely long story short I got my older one back the next day from the rspca and my 14 week old pup back 3 days later. Some azzhole had picked them both up , reported my older dog and decided to keep my puppy. After much detective work on my part, I found out and called the police and got her home again. You mentioned probs with DH PJ, I can totally relate right now. I swear I almost threw him out on the streets. If I hadnt have got my dogs back I probably would have. He is now on his last chance anyway.
Well Adam finally started to try and crawl He hasnt gone too far, but at least he is trying . He is also almost sitting up on his own and and attempting to grab the furniture. At least I can stop worrying about that now. Still only got the 2 teeth, but Im sure the rest will pop up in no time. I have perserved with the formula as I found out the he is having an adequate amount each day, so I will just keep him on it until he turns one.
Anyway I have to dash, I havent done any housework for days since the dogs were lost, it will take me days to catch up on everything. Will catch up again very soon and CONGRATS again Amy, Im so happy for you

Old 10-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #8
(female)

astw22 HB User

Hi Girls...I am a real slacker here and havent posted in forever.... Gabby my mom has been here since Sept 23 visiting from Germany and will be here until Oct 23.. so needless to say I am busy with her.

AMY - Congrats on #2... that is soo exciting for you. You will have to keep updated on your pregnancy. and WOOHOO Ammalin for walking... actually Avery started standing on her own and taking steps just in the past week... she is up to about 4 steps... so she will be full blown walking soon... sounds like her birthday party will be soo cute and fun...

Lisa - Happy Belated birthday to Haley... wow.. they grow up way to quick... and woohoo on Adam finally starting to crawl... as we all have said ... babies tend to do things at their own pace...

Pj - I'll have to check out your post on the relationship thread... I too have been having my own issues lately... lol.. hope Gabby is doing well...

As for Avery ... she is doing well... she has 5 teeth now... 3 on top and 2 on bottom.. question? are the top teeth supposed to come in with a huge gap and go together as the rest come in?? She sorta looks like elton john right now.. LOL...shes talking up a storm and says hi, da da, and mum mum...
She's been a bit fussy through the night and waking up at least once... i'd say due to the teeth.. but she is still so lovable and affectionate... I just love her to pieces... I am also looking forward to planning her birthday party although I have over a month to do it...

have we heard from maggie, andrea, tracie and anyone else I am forgetting??? Hope everyone is doing well and I will be trying to post alot more.... take care..

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Old 10-17-2005, 05:24 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

Hey girls just a quick hi!
Lisa I'm so glad you got your dogs back!! Grrrrr men!! Woo hoo Congrats to Adam on his crawling wtg lil man! Your mommy is gonna be running around after you in no time!
Shannon LMAO I'm so glad you said about the gap in Avery's teeth! Gabby has the most gigantic gap between her top front teeth she looks sooo funny Congrats on her walking! She sounds like such a clever girl
Gabby has been having some MAJOR sleep issues that last week omg can we say seperation anxiety lol but touch wood she has slept through the last 2 nights. Other than that not much else new still waiting for tooth no. 6 it's been cutting for about 2 weeks now lol also still not saying ma ma just da da dad humph :P

Old 10-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Hi Everyone, sorry its been a while, but still going through some things in my neck of the woods, Im actually hoping to be moving very soon !!!!
Well Adam cut his 3rd tooth, and its a cross cut He has cut his top left hand fang tooth . Man am I in for it He is trying to climb up furniture now, so Im sure it wont be long before he is walking along furniture. Its funny how they do nothing, then learn a lot in such a short time I cant believe he is going to be 1 in under 2 weeks It seems like only yesterday that we were all moaning about how huge we are and debating when we would go into labour LOL He has also started saying da da da. Its so cute He seems to be turning into a little boy rather than a baby before my eyes. Im going to get him his first hair cut around his birthday. He just has some long bits of hair that need to be tidied up LOL You girls mentioned the sleep issues, well thankfully Adam has gone back to sleeping through the night again. DEFINATELY a teething issue for all of us I would say.
Well I officially started toilet training Haley yesterday. She wore knickers all afternoon and piddled twice, but unfortunately on the floor LOL I kept saying wee wee and putting her on the potty, but she just sat there and didnt do anything LOL Im sure she is old enough to start, but maybe not quite old enough to know when she has to go, but I will still keep with doing it everyday. BTW little knickers are sooooooooooooooooo cute LOL I had a ball going out and picking out all the cute little designs. Well anyway gotta cut this short, Adam is patiently laying in his cot waiting for me to get him up and start the day. He is such a little sweetie, with a lovely nature. I love him so much
Hope you are all well, and hope you arent getting too much morning sickness Amy.
Excellent to hear from you again Shannon, hope you post again very soon.
Hope you have sorted things out with DH PJ
Talk soon !

Old 10-25-2005, 03:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

haleysmum HB User

Where is everyone ????? Thought some of you would have posted to celebrate our babies first birthdays Adam will be one in 6 days Anyway hope someone posts soon !!!!!

Old 10-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #12
(female)

astw22 HB User

Hey Lisa - Thats exciting for Adam's first birthday... Avery turned 11 months on Sunday.... but remember she is the youngest of the group. She has been "needy" lately... whinning and crying for attention but also affectionate wanting hugs and kisses and is learning to give them back... I love the affectionate part but the whinning is getting on my nerves lol...

Avery is not full blown walking yet... she is taking lots of steps and then falling... and is still crawling lots but she will probably be walking in no time. Well my maternity leave is just about up... and I have decided to leave the field of social work because it is too stressful for my family.. but within the same agency I have applied for a receptionist position and i have an interview on monday for it... this means that if I get the job... Avery will have to go to a day care... I have the number of a lady who does child care in her home and she has been recommended by a friend of mine... I will be calling to her tomorrow to see what she charges and hopefully set up an interview to see what she is like.

It is so scary thinking about someone else watching your baby especially when you have no family around. But I will let everyone know how it goes...Wish me luck for monday!!!! I will post soon!

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Old 10-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

Hey Girls,
Shannon I know what you mean about the whining lol Gabby has been very clingy latley and spends half the day hanging off my legs She doesn't like strangers anymore, I'm always warning people not to take it personaly but she's going through a Mommy stage lol. Good luck on Monday!! And good luck with the day care as well. I'm thinking about trying to find someone to have as a babysitter when Dh's mom can't do it but it scares me to think of leaving her with someone I don't know very well.

Lisa Woo hoo that Adam is sleeping through the night again! Gabby is not. She's been getting up everynight sometimes for an hour or more, Last night when she woke up I took her to bed with me cause I can't cope with no sleep anymore lol I'm praying for a night of uninteruppted sleep. Teething is the pits.. Gabby cut her 6th tooth a couple of days ago and I'm sure this is what started the sleep issues but it's deffinatly habit now. How's it going with Haley's potty training? You must be so excited for Adam's birthday! Are you having a little party?

Well besides the sleeping issues Gabby is a little treasure. She is waving bye and clapping her hands and making a noise that sounds like "yay" LOL it's a riot. Still not saying ma ma but I'm working on it daily Speaking of the little miss she is now hanging off my legs I'm guessing she is fed up with her toys. So I'll have to finish writing all the nice stuff about her later...
It's later and the Telletubbies are on so that should buy me a bit of time lol. My sister has sent an adorable witches outfit for Halloween.. it's great cause there wasn't much else here that would fit her except for a pumkin! We're not going trick o treating but we're having a little party at Mums and Tots on the 1st. We also got her X-mas dress at the weekend.. It's Gorgeous!! I can't wait to have her X-mas pics done and as her 1st B-day is right after new year I told Dh she could wear it then too... I had to justify how expensive it was But I bet anything I see one in the January Sales ah ha ha. On the Dh front everything has settled back down again.. I don't know if anything was actually resolved but hey isn't that always the way!
ttys PJ

Last edited by ~PJ~; 10-26-2005 at 06:11 AM.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #14
(female)

LeesGirl HB User

Hello everyone!!! REMEMBER ME???? ahhahaha!
So sorry that I haven't been in touch. I've have been so busy lately... Getting my masters and having a ONE year old isn't easy!!!
I scanned through all the posts...but just scanned them!
Congrats to you, Amy! and to Ammelyn on her walking! If you remember, Alexa and Ammelyn have the same b-day! Can you believe that they are a year? It seems like yesterday....
Alexa has taken some steps. Yesterday she walked about 4 feet (seven or so steps.) It's the cutest thing! She had so much fun at her party and got so much wonderful stuff! She is having a ball playing with everything. You should see her on the sit and spin...it's a riot!!!
She had her one year appt yesterday, too. She is almost 30 inches long and 21 pounds. She is in the 75% for height and 50% for weight. She got a shot in each thigh and a flu shot in her arm...poor bugger! She cries so hard when she gets them and looks at me...I feel so helpless at that point So, I just hold her tightly...
My hubby and I are having so much fun with her She is such a joy!
We are thinking of trying sometime in April or so. But then I keep thinking, "but I'm having fun with her...will it be the same?" But we really want another one and I don't want them too far apart, you know?
Well, I have to get my students at recess. I love my job, but I really wish I could "coteach" with someone...It's just not financially possible right now... but I want more time with Alexa...I miss her so much when I'm at school.
I hope all is well with everyone. Sorry I haven't been in touch!
Born: 10/23/04 10:41pm
6 pounds 8 ounces
17.5 inches long

Old 10-27-2005, 02:23 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

We went to a new doctor's office this time and I love it!

Ammalin is:

20 pounds, 0 ounces

29 inches

18.5 inch head circumference

He said that she is doing wonderful and was very impressed that she hasn't been sick or had an ear infection even once! He said to start weaning her from the bottle and binky and to try whole milk...but I am not because even regular soy milk upsets her stomach, even though she is on soy formula. So I think we will try rice milk and if that still doesn't work I will probably just leave her on soy formula.

She is a little bowlegged but he said when she starts walking all around and not crawling to put sneakers on her and it should straighten her legs out. She should be fully walking by 16 months so we got awhile!

She got 3 shots and stopped crying right after they were done and I picked her up. She did great!

She is developmentally and physically right where she should be, probably a bit ahead in the vocabulary area but there's definitely nothing wrong with that!

We are so proud of our baby girl!

Closed Thread