It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
(female)

missTee HB User
Question 9 month with blister in mouth????

My 9 month old son has a blister/cancre like bubble on his epiglottis. I noticed it about 2 months ago while he was sick with a virus. They checked for strep at the time and he was negative. Well, he has been teething the last 2 days and during one of his screaming fits I looked down his throat and saw the 'bubble' again. He has no fever ,but he does have a horrible runny nose. I have no clue what this might be. He has a regular pedi visit in a few weeks...I was thinking maybe I should bring him in earlier. Anyone ever have a problem like this?Thanks for any help.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
(female)

KIDINSANITY HB User
Re: 9 month with blister in mouth????

I think that if it's been there for more than a few days, you might want to call the pediatrician's office and just mention it to them, and see what they say. It could be related to mucus/saliva dripping down his throat from his runny nose and the teething. Chances are that it's nothing really to worry about, but in the event that it's something more than that they're aware of it. This way, if they don't think it warrants a sick visit, they're at least aware of it for when you do go, in case it's still an issue at that time.

Hope he's better soon.
Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
(female)

shawnab HB User

It could possibly be Herpangina or foot,mouth disease. It is VERY common in kids and caused by a highly contagious virus, not herpes. It will run its course in 5 days and a high fever will accompany it. Call your doctor. Good Luck!

Old 09-23-2005, 02:39 AM   #4
Inactive

off kilter HB User

My son gets foot and mouth because he mouths everything. The first time he was 8 months and had sores so bad he wouldn't swallow, saliva was running out of his mouth. Since it's a virus he had a fever and felt lousy as well.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:38 PM   #5
(female)

missTee HB User

I've heard of Hand,Foot, Mouth before....But I was under the impression that along with blisters in the mouth, there were rashes on the palms,soles and sometimes trunk...Jacob has no rashes anywhere on his body. he is constantly putting toys in his mouth. though (Which he probably did at the daycare he was at for a week while i was away) He had a fever this morning but it was a low grade...I'll make mention of this to hios pedi. Thanks for the help everyone

Old 09-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #6
Inactive

off kilter HB User

My son either never had the rash or i just didn't notice it. He did have the fever and mouth sores. the first time we took him to the dr. because he was so little and seemed to have a hard time with things going down his throat.

Closed Thread