It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2005, 07:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Feeling bad over silly things

Do you ever have those days where you feel bad over something silly regarding your kids?

For example, last night we had our 1st snow of the season. Everything beautiful, Christmas lights aglow. DS (2 1/2) asked to go build a snowman. So I start searching for the hat and gloves. I could only find one mitten. So one hand got a mitten and the other got a sock. The expression on his face as he looked at his sock covered hand and then looked at me was like "lady, what are you doing to me?" I know it doesn't matter. And he went outside and had a good time. But I just felt bad, like I can't even get it together enough to know where a pair of mittens is.

Do you know what I mean?

Old 12-02-2005, 07:49 AM   #2
(female)

DaVinci HB User
Re: Feeling bad over silly things

That's hilarious! Just think of it this way...your teaching your babes to improvise, to make do...hey what happens when your caught in a rain storm....garbage bag, book bag etc.. everythings a learning experience...as a human race we're far from perfect and every day we prove it over and over...have fun with every experience ....lord knows we all seem to take ourselves way too seriously.
When caught without baby clothes .....put my boy in pink.......everyone at the park said I had a bee-u-ti-Ful baby girl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2005, 09:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

Are you kidding? He will never care that he had to wear a sock on his hand ( my mom did it to me a couple times and I don't care) but that you went outside and built a snowman. That memory is a big deal. Your together enough to spend positive time with your kid your doing fine! Don't be so hard on yourself sweating the small stuff will depress you. I knowit can be easier said than done. Good luck with this and I want you to know you've given me lots of good advice so you cant be that bad

Last edited by shelliam; 12-02-2005 at 09:12 AM.

Old 12-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #4
(female)

fifistoosh HB User

you sound fine to me girl!

What a great thing to do, if he wanted to be matching you could have just gave him the pair of socks. LOL.
I think you DaVinci is right, you did teach him to improvise.

As for your memory, the majority of people who have children have poor memories. think of your memory as a large cupboard, you just keep pushing things in there and never tidy it out, you loose some things, you know they are in there you just cant find them. Its time to stop hoarding rubbish, have a clear out in your cupboard (mind) store all the important stuff and bin any thing that doesnt really matter. I have the same problem, my memory was so bad I went to the docs, she did tests and I am normal. I find it a good idea to keep a diary and write things down, that way I don't need to remember it, its in the book. I have a daily do chart in the kitchen, what the kids do (and me sometimes) every day, times, costs etc. it includes things like the days homework is due, remember to take water bottle to school, grans for tea on Thursdays, regular things, but you dont have to remember them.

Closed Thread