It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2005, 09:10 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User
11 yr old and masturbation

Ugh i dont know where to start!! we have found towels in his room with the smell of urine we thought maybe it was our cat but we dont think it is. my dh informed me that sometimes boys pee instead of ejaculating. the thought just makes me cringe but i guess its life. i just dont understand this but he tells me its normal. we know our 14 yr has been doing it for a long time now and have given him "ideas" on how to be discreet about it but my 11 yr old is still in my eyes my little baby! i have no problem with him doing this dont get me wrong its just that i get this visual and it isnt nice! so tonight my dh brought it up and gave him some "ideas" at which my son just grinned and didnt deny he was doing it. what now?

Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: 11 yr old and masturbation

I guess now you wait and see if he takes the advice or not. I don't know what to tell you about getting that visual out of your head. I'm not looking forward to my son reaching puberty...lol

If he continues to leave messes, perhaps DH could have a (slightly akward) conversation with your oldest and have HIM mention it to his younger brother. Does he take advice or confide in his older brother? That might help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I cannot imagine what you are going through. I hope my DH is up for the challenge when our son starts doing that.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
(male)

Rjwneedhelp HB User

Hi, im 17 now and i started doing it when i was ten, theres not much to worry about because its natural.

Old 12-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
(male)

hoyt HB User

hes too young!

Old 12-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Art_930 HB User

I think your DH needs to grow up a little bit if he's turning the situation into a joke "between the boys". A little respect for the fact that there's a woman in the house would be nice.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
(female)

Kelen HB User

I wouldn't worry about such a thing, I've heard of people starting before they're five. At such a young age I bet they don't even know what they're really doing and don't know what's wrong with doing it, which really... there's nothing wrong with it, it's natural. I'd just try and educate him and get over those mental images.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt
hes too young!
Masturbation has been shown to start in the womb!! It's not usually about sex for kids, it's just about discovering something that feels good, usually by accident. Geez, it's not like he's going out and having sex!'

To the original poster, maybe your hubby needs to have a talk with him about being discreet about it. Sounds like your son thinks it is a funny joke and doesn't realize it is something he needs to be more private about.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-06-2006 at 03:46 PM. Reason: do not chastise other members!

Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hangin in There HB User

My son is 18 and I've never seen evidence of stains anywhere. He's very young for his age and, although I'm sure he touches himself, I'm not sure if he "knows" you're supposed to keep going until 'something happens'. I just couldn't imagine having an 11-year old masturbating until he orgasmed! Good god, he's got the rest of his life -- why should children be doing this?

Old 12-12-2005, 12:13 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

danimal15 HB User

Hangin in there:

Sorry if this sounds blunt, but if he's 18 and hasn't yet figured out that "something happens" eventually, there's something very wrong with him, either mentally or physically. Most boys figure that out by the time they're 12 or 13. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hangin in There HB User

No, there's nothing mentally wrong with him. He's an only child and is a late bloomer, naive, immature and not streetwise. If he has reached orgasm, I don't know where he put it because I've never seen any of his clothes or bed wet or stained.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #12
(female)

Darrellsgurrl HB User

Perhaps he could be using tissue, and cleaning it up better than you know!
I knew an ex-boyfriend of mine that used an old sock when he was much younger and still living at home to clean up with and would clean it himself so that he was never caught...

Old 12-12-2005, 02:56 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangin in There
My son is 18 and I've never seen evidence of stains anywhere. He's very young for his age and, although I'm sure he touches himself, I'm not sure if he "knows" you're supposed to keep going until 'something happens'. I just couldn't imagine having an 11-year old masturbating until he orgasmed! Good god, he's got the rest of his life -- why should children be doing this?
it has nothing to do with age, it's a natural part of being human. Geez people, this isn't the Victorian era.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hangin in There HB User

I have no problem with my 18 year old pleasuring himself....I get disgusted when I think of someone under the age of 13 doing it. Can't they remain childlike and have something to look forward to when they're older? Do they have to experience it all at such a tender age?

Old 12-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm just saying its not something young kids are really aware of as an "adult" activity. It's not the same as sex. Just because you might not have grown up doing it doesn't mean others weren't. i remember doing it when i was 4 or 5 and it had nothing to do with sex, I didn't really know what it was, I just knew it felt good.

Besides, you have to remember that kids are reaching puberty MUCH sooner these days then they used to. It certainly doesn't mean they no longer have a childhood if they masturbate. Yeah, maybe it's gross to think about someone that young doing it, but it's also gross to think of your parents having sex - doesn't make it wrong though!!

Closed Thread