It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

Emilysmommie05 HB User
my baby seems miserable!!

My daughter is 11 months old, and she has eczema and allergies ( so the doc. says) and she always has dark circles under her eyes and always wakes up in the middle of the might itching and crying, she is on Singulair and Benadryl and Hydrocortisone cream, but she only seems to get temp. relief. I have taken her to 3 different docs. and i am afraid that it might not be what they are thinking, i am a nervous wreck and feel so bad for her, what should i do, anyone else have this problem?

Old 01-08-2006, 08:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User
Re: my baby seems miserable!!

You poor thing, I really feel for you, there's nothing worse than an unhappy baby. I'd be inclined to try the complementary therapy route - homeopathy can work wonders for these kinds of conditions and I seem to remember reading somewhere that acupuncure can help with some skin conditions. That might be worth checking out. A cranial osteopath might be able to help as well - she might be quite tense if she's uncomfortable a lot of the time and they might be able to relieve that for her.

Good luck - I hope you find something that works for her (I've used homeopathy and cranial osteopathy on my boy and it's really helped).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
(female)

worriednana HB User

My grandson has the same problems as your baby, and has had since he was born. He is now 7years old. His Dr. ended up trying several allergy medicines, before we found one that worked, it is called respitan. and for the eczemza, and itchy skin, Cetaphil Lotion , applied 3 times a day, has done wonders for that baby. we have been using it since he was born. slow down on the baths, they tend to make matters worse. water and hot water dry the skin out. to frequent baths, are not good. we also used a vaporizer every night, to help the allergys. make sure to apply lotion after baths, liberally. Good Luck! ( there was one other med. that helped for a while, it was Palgic )

Old 01-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
(female)

Emilysmommie05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worriednana
My grandson has the same problems as your baby, and has had since he was born. He is now 7years old. His Dr. ended up trying several allergy medicines, before we found one that worked, it is called respitan. and for the eczemza, and itchy skin, Cetaphil Lotion , applied 3 times a day, has done wonders for that baby. we have been using it since he was born. slow down on the baths, they tend to make matters worse. water and hot water dry the skin out. to frequent baths, are not good. we also used a vaporizer every night, to help the allergys. make sure to apply lotion after baths, liberally. Good Luck! ( there was one other med. that helped for a while, it was Palgic )
so i should not give her the oatmeal baths every night? I though the oatmeal bath treatments were supposed to help with the itchiness?

Old 01-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

hi my 1 yr old used to have a problem with the skin stuff started at about 3 months and stopped (or at least hastn returned yet) when she was about 9 months.I was told the same thing as the other poster that I shouldnt bathe her every single day that it dries the skin out more.So I stopped bathing as often.Then a friend of mine who is big into natural products brought me some lotion called "Miracle II skin moisturrizer." I thought yeah right this wont work nothing has.I had tried all kinds of baby lotions and all seemed to do nothing OR make it worse.Well i finaly decided to give this lotion a try and I applied it liberally all over her body twice a day (am and pm) weather I bathed her or not.This stuff worked for her! and as long as i kept using it daily she never broke out to bad and it would take about a week or so for it to clear up using this stuff.This is a very mild lotion you can tell when you feel in on your fingers.Anyway,I dont know if this would benifit your baby or not,but I figured id share just in case you wanted to try. All you have to do is type into google "Miracle II." ..................take care and I hope your baby is feeling beter real soon

Closed Thread