It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
Question don't want to eat after daycare

My 3y old don't want to eat after she comes home after daycare. My parents make big deal of it. Daycare person told us that she eats well there.
Do I have reason to worry?

Old 01-18-2006, 05:51 AM   #2
(female)

mitpatsmom HB User
Re: don't want to eat after daycare

I think I would be more worried if she came home hungry. Maybe she's eating too well there.

I wonder if the day care has an afternoon snack that is throwing her eating schedule off. My oldest son used to stay at Grandma's in the morning and I would pick him up at lunch time. He never wanted to eat his lunch when he got home. It turned out GMa was giving him a snack right before I got there.

I asked GMa to stop feeding him so late, but she didn't listen. If your daycare provider has many kids, it will be hard to get her to change her routine if she is feeding them a late snack. The best you can do is ask or try to get the support from other parents to move the snack closer to lunchtime. Maybe the provider can work on limitiing portions, as well.

Last edited by mitpatsmom; 01-18-2006 at 05:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TeTr01 HB User
Re: don't want to eat after daycare

My 4 yr old dd goes to an in-home daycare Mon, Wed & Fri where they have breakfast, lunch, snack & dinner if they are still there for it. Some nights she's not hungry to eat dinner with us b/c she's already eaten there... but she still sits with us anyway & picks a little at the food, totally understandable. Then there are other days when she eats dinner with us just fine.

If you are still concerned, you should talk to the daycare each day when you pick her up to find out exactly what she ate & around what time... if need be, ask them to write it down for you with the time. They should understand & want to help you out with this. If this is done & you are seeing what time she's eating & what she's getting to eat & still think there is a problem, talk to her ped.

Closed Thread