It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

melissa25 HB User
my 4 yr old seems to sick all the time. help!!

my daughter seems to be sick alot. wether its a fever, vomiting or just a cold. its constantly something. custody is 50/50 between her dad and i and i know he doesn't feed her proper meals just junk and spag os. could that be it? her doc said its probably because she's in pre school but i don't think so. i know alot of kids and have 13 nieces and nephews and none that can come close to comparing to her. shes sick ALL the time. any help? ideas?

Old 01-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
(female)

suthrngrace HB User
Re: my 4 yr old seems to sick all the time. help!!

could it be allergy related? my 4 year old has allergies and asthma; he was always sick before they began treating him. You might want to look into it and see what all signs of allergies she may have. We had to deal with a doctor at first who told me that he was too young to have allergies. Yaeh, right. Anyway we found out that he is allergic to cow's milk and that has been a very big contributer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jeffreys mom HB User

Could be allergies as the previous poster said. They can give the appearence of many illnesses.

It could also be the exposure to the preschool and her immune system. My daughter was sick almost her first school year at the preshcool. Her second year was much better.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
(female)

LM80 HB User

Preschool is a big factor. Lots of germs flying around.
I'm a big believer in lots of vitamin C to boost the immune system. Make sure she eats lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
When my daughters started going to Preschool, they always brought home lots of lovely illnesses. Before I knew it..the whole house was sick!
But, then I started introducing lots of Vitamin C to our diets. I definitely think it worked to ward off other potential illnesses.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User

Vitamin C is a good thing, she also needs to be on a good daily vitamin. Her immune system may just be weak and since she is in pre-school....she is getting all the germs and thus getting sick. Be sure that she is washing her hands alot and you can use disinfectant wipes around the house to be sure that she isn't just reinfecting herself.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #6
(female)

Copsgrl8 HB User

I think preschool had a lot to do with it, There are so many germs getting spread around between the kids.
When my daughter started preschool (2004) she was sick ALL the time. I think it's cuz she wasn't really around that many kids all the time. She is now in her second year of preschool and she is also 4 and she has had a few colds but nothing like last school year.
I make sure she take her daily vitamin and also they make a wonderful chewable vitamin C for kids and that helps so much.

I dont think it's related to the way she eats when she is with her dad ... My daughter loves spaghetti O's and eats them a lot and actually they aren't bad for the kids a can has a whole day supply for veggies in them. Have you talked to her dad about this?

Terri

Closed Thread