It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
(female)

littlemiracle HB User
Question I'm desperate & don't know what to do

My son is almost 3 yrs old and he is already potty trained but sometimes we have problems bc he doesn't wanta go pee. Like he'll go long periods of time without peeing even when I'm thinking for sure he's got to go but he says he doesn't. Sometimes I think he just does it on purpose. Anyone else go through something similar to this. Any advice? I know he's not scared to go bc this is more recent and when he was first newly potty trained he never had this problems. One time I put him in time out for not going, could that have something to do with it?I need tips and help as to what to do under the circumstances. Please help!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User
Re: I'm desperate & don't know what to do

First I would relax. Your son may be using this because he knows it's going to get to you. If kids know they can go when they need to go, they will. Unless he's in pain before or when he pees, I would back right off and let him go when he needs to.

Jeannie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2006, 04:17 AM   #3
(female)

littlemiracle HB User
Wink Re: I'm desperate & don't know what to do

Thanks for the reply, and I know you are right. I'm getting too upset and stressed over this. I've to just ignore him. And I"m gonna start trying to ignore him. I just wouldn't want him to get any complications or infections from holding it so long, but I guess you are right, and he hasn't said it hurts or anything. Thanks for the reassurance! I needed it.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:56 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User
Re: I'm desperate & don't know what to do

YW. I would just watch for any pain just in case but other then that I wouldn't worry. Good luck :-)

Closed Thread