It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

heidimissy HB User
Question daytime activitys

hi i'm new here i found this while looking for information on my 12yr old son with ADD.I'm a stay at home mom with 4yr old twins.they attend a preschool twice a week in the afternoons.its a great co op school where parents rotate duty days to keep the cost down.i love it for the fact i get to see how my kids interact and what the program is like.i was wondering what other stay at home moms do during the day with there kids for entertainment?they just started waking up at 6-6:30am (and most days no naps)it makes for a very long day.i'm running out of ideas and need help on making it through the day.

heidi

Old 02-23-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User
Re: daytime activitys

Lots of crafts. Painting, coloring, playing with clay, cutting and pasting. Lots of pretend. Dress up, making forts. Treasure hunts. Playing in the sink with lots of toys, bubbles, food coloring. Scavenger hunts for stuff in nature. Simple games. cooking projects. Make puppets with socks or paper bags. Walks if it's not freezing. Snowball fights and sledding if it is. Lots of libraries and bookstores do storytelling. Check your local community center for activities. Hit the library for books on the subject..there are lots. And go to the craft store and you will get lots of ideas.

Best of luck. I can't wait until it's warm out and the kids can just run around all day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread