It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
What books and movies are good for a 3 year old?

I wonder what books and movies, books especially I should read to my 3 y old dd?

Old 02-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
(female)

SillyLynn HB User
Cool Re: What books and movies is good for 3 y old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galinaqt
I wonder what books and movies, books especially I should read to my 3 y old dd?
"We Are..The Larie Berkner Band" is an awesome new DVD that just came out. Laurie Berkner is a great chidlren's music. (Here videos are on Npggin all the time). It has about 10 videos on it totaling 30 mins. My 3 1/2 year old has always been a Laurie fan (me too!), so this DVD is perfect for her! Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 02:56 AM   #3
(female)

LM80 HB User
Re: What books and movies are good for a 3 year old?

Have you checked out Amazon? Click on "Books", then under the "Young Readers" section you will find "Children's Books". The books are then seperated by ages. "Baby-3" "Ages 4-8", etc. You can then sort the books by bestselling, highest rated, etc.
You can see which books are most popular and read parent's reviews about them.

This is how I do my book shopping! You can also use the search feature if you are looking for a particular book or author.

My daughters are 5 and 6 and they enjoy the Berenstain Bears, Minnie and Moo, Froggy and a lot of the classic fairytales like Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood, The Little Red Hen, etc.

Our absolute favorite is "I'll Always Love You" by Hans Wilhelm. It is about a boy and his dog. It teaches children about death and dealing with the loss of a pet. So, it is a good one if you have any animals! My girls love it especially since the little dog in it is a dachshund and our dog just happens to be a dachshund as well!

And another very sweet book if you are ever thinking of adding another little one to the family is "Big Sister and Little Sister" by Charlotte Zolotow and Martha Alexander. The moral of this book is to be kind to your siblings and take care of one another. My daughters are always hugging and kissing each other after this book LOL

So, definitely check out Amazon. You can also look for children's movies there as well.

Last edited by LM80; 02-27-2006 at 02:58 AM.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
(female)

zackbluebeach HB User

How nice that you are thinking of what books for your child, movies too.
But reading to your children is one of the most important thing you can do.
I read to my children every night before they went to bed. And I bought them books for them to read themselves also. I get the neighbor children books at the thrift stores. So many are just like new. Peter Rabbit, A cat in the Hat. Nursery riymes. Children who are read to, do better in school.
A Mom

Old 03-15-2006, 09:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Thank you for your advices.

Closed Thread