It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
(female)

nomangia HB User
3.5 girl will not poop in potty--peepee not a problem

My daughter, almost 3 1/2 refuse to poop in the potty. Peeing in the potty is not a problem. I've tried everything--ignoring it, not talking about it, promises of rewards to her favoroite place--Chuck E Cheese, promise of a spoon of whip cream(she absolutley loves whip cream--she hasn't had this treat since the summer), and promise to play with 2 new toys(they've been sitting in her closet since October). I even promised to give her money!

Nothing works. She will say to me, "When I go poop in the potty, then I can go to Chuck E Cheese or then I can have whip cream?" or whatever I've promised her. She poops in her big girl pants, big girl underwear and pullups if she has them on. She only wears pullups at night. She wants to go to dance lessons and she knows they won't take her until she's potty trained--that doesn't work either.

She will even attempt to clean it or hide it from me.

What should I do???? Help, I'm at my wits end.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User
Re: 3.5 girl will not poop in potty--peepee not a problem

My son went through a similar issue when I was potty training him.

Okay, this may start a "habit" but as adults, a lot of us do it and I know it's not really something we all want to know that other people do it, but I taught my son to sit on the potty and wait for #2 while he's reading a book. And while he was sitting on the potty, I'm sitting on the floor too reading something like a magazine so the 2 of us wait for him to do #2. I know it's time consuming, but it worked for me.

Try that.

Last edited by Fabat40; 02-25-2006 at 07:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2006, 07:49 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sem627 HB User

My daughter was 2.5 when we had issues with pooping on the potty. She, too, would go in her panties. What worked for her was allowing her to be naked when she needed to go. I think she thought the panties were there as a safety net to catch it, but without them she needed a place for it to go, so she ran to the little potty. I could tell she needed to go so I would take off her bottoms and basically ignored her. If I asked her to go, she refused. But if I just let her go in her own time, just keeping my eye on her, it worked. I just made sure the little potty was easily accessible without my having to help her to get to it. Of course, we made a huge deal of it when she carried that little cup out to show us (yuk) Eventually she was comfortable with it and we didn't need to remove the clothes ahead of time, she just told us. Good luck. I know a lot of children that have issues with that. I'm expecting #3 and I'm sure I'll be dealing with that in no time at all.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:07 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jectac HB User

I found that my girls would not go #2 if I was in the bathroom with them, or at the door watching. I would have to stand outside and not look. The best advice I can give you is to pay attention to the time of day she has to go and place her on the potty and leave her there until she goes. This may be time consuming for you, but after a week, it may work.

Closed Thread