It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

k_c_lady HB User
My son Went Potty...

Hello All, my son went potty w/o being asked for the first time tonight.He just started to use the potty within the last week. Goodie!!!

I do have a qustion... How can I get him to tell me when he has to go? Or is this something older kids do(he just turned two in Dec.)? Thanks, Kiesha

Old 02-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

danimal15 HB User
Re: My son Went Potty...

Congratulations, but don't get too excited yet. He just turned two, so this might be a phase. He could end up being in diapers for some time to come.

My 2.5 year old usually tells us when he has to go to the potty for a number two, but almost never for number one. We just take him every hour and a half or so, and he's been keeping his underwear dry (with a few slip-ups) since the start of the year.

Our older boy is six, and I can't remember when he started telling us he had to go - not until after he was three, I'm sure. He now takes care of all that himself.

Just keep encouraging him to use the potty, and give him presents for doing so (we keep a supply of M&M's handy). Also, let him choose some underwear he likes. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 06:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

All last week the day care was keeping track of DS -- he was pretty much dry every time they checked, would go on the potty (just had aim problems). At home he wasn't so good, but would tell us once in awhile he had to go -- otherwise he'd just go in his diaper. But we figured he'd be like all the other kids at his daycare center -- trained at school not at home Peer Pressure?

Since he appeared to be ready at school for potty training -- dry diapers, asking to go -- they suggested I bring several pairs of thick training pants and plastic pants over those. I picked him up yesterday and he was wearing a diaper -- he'd pretty much gone thru 6 pairs of training pants! Ornery child. Trying again today Added extra training pants today.

Old 03-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I was begining to wonder if we shouldn't stop trying to potty train DS. He seemed ready last week and now this week he's a poo and pee machine. Daycare told me he did "better" with potty training, although I still had several bags of dirty training pants waiting for me. I had him sit on the potty before his bath and he went. Then later, he started grunting and I asked him if he pooped in his diaper -- I still put one on him at night and he said no. Well he did! This morning he sat on the potty chair and peed a little bit, but I figured it was okay 'cuz his diaper was pretty wet -- he'd told me previously he pooped in his diaper, but he hadn't. Anyway, heading out the door and I notice a huge wet spot on his pants -- he peed thru everything.

Daycare provider told me this was normal 'cuz it feels different and they get off kilter. I guess if they're willing to keep trying, so will I. I KNOW he can use the potty and KNOW he can stay dry 'cuz he's done so for the past few weeks. Aggravating toddler! Guess I'll see how he does today.

Closed Thread