It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

isd3d HB User
Question 9 yr old molested by grandfather please help

Hello. I just found out that my 9 yr old daughter has been being molested by her paternal grandfather. We are now dealing with children case workes and consolers. The problem I am having is my daughter will not tell the whole story of what happend to her to the caseworker so they can arrest her grandfather. My daughter is scared to say what happend because her grandfather just had heart surgery and he told her if she told everything that he would die and she dont want that to happen. How can I help her understand that her grandfather was wrong in what he did to her and he needs to know that by goning to jail and getting help? Also how can I reasure her that if she tells the caseworkers what happend he will not die? I realy could use some help because if she dont tell the whole story they are going to drop the charges against this man and I don't want that to happen because he has other grandchildren that he may have or is doing the same thing to.Please Help. Thankyou.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #2
(female)

Chellaine HB User
Re: 9 yr old molested by grandfather please help

Hello,
I am so sorry to hear of yet another child having to go through this horrific event. It isn't fair for them. My little boy was 5 when we found out, it was right before his 6th birthday. (He is still 6 now) It was very hard getting details out of him also and his mental disablities didn't help. So, I can empathize.
All I can suggest is just to keep reassuring that it isn't her faul, she did nothing wrong, and if she doesn't tell he might do it again to someone else, I know that might put alot of responsibility on her little shoulders, but it might also make her feel empowered to tell and make him stop. Just reassure, reassure, reassure she did nothing wrong and it isn't her fault.
Maybe having a female child advocate talk to her, like she may be embarrassed to talk around you. Or she may be uncomfortable talking to women, have her talk to a male.
You could also have her draw pictures, or have her write it out, the best she can. Somtimes that will help to get it on paper to be able to speak the words.
Gosh, I sure do hope you get your little girl to talk, keeping all that in isn't healthy, body or soul. I feel so bad for her, and you have a long road ahead of you too, so be prepared and be strong.
I hope I gave some decent advice.
Take care,
Chellaine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

PinkPiglet HB User

i'm praying you have her in counselling!

Old 03-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
(female)

isd3d HB User

she is in counseling with a child physcoliogist and with a counsoler in school. i have reasured her that she has done nothing wrong and she knows that. she is the one who told dss that he was tuching her but she will say no more.

Closed Thread