It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 05:27 AM   #1
(female)

littlegal HB User
I need help over jeolousy & worry!!

My step daughter lives her father and I have been raising her for 4 years now. I love her very much and I have become very attached to her. Her mother was never a good role model and she was never around for her. Now the mother has stepped back into the picture and wants to spend all her time with the daughter. I have no problem with that - she is her mother. My worry is that the daughter will forget about me and all I have done and continue to do and would want to be with her mother who was never around for years. I keep thinking that maybe the daughter wants to catch up on those missed years and she'll always remember me, but why do I feel so insecure and unloved now??

Old 04-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
(female)

Ausomemom2 HB User
Re: I need help over jeolousy & worry!!

Don't worry, she will always love you. I am a stepmom to a 10 year old boy who is a great kid. I have been his stepmom for 7 years now and though his mom has always been in the picture, she's been a bad influence and leaves him out of everything. She is also a man hopper, she's been married twice and divorced twice since he's been born and is currently living with another man. She's constantly talking bad about me and his daddy, but he has finally come to see us all for who we truly are. He still loves his mama, and I am okay with that, you only get one mom, but he has become very close to me and we are great friends. He confides in me with everything and he trusts me completely. She just wants to spend time with her mom, she will always love you and have a great relationship with you because you have earned that special place in her heart. She may get confused by her mom's actions, especially if the mom badmouths you, but she will eventually see through the smoke. You love her and if I can see that just by reading your post, then she truly knows that. Take care and hang in there. It's very hard being a stepmom. Your feelings right now are totally normal and understandable.

Brandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread