It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
(female)

Marisa7 HB User
too clean??

okay so I went to the dr yesterday for my d/s 2 month check up and my lil man got his 4 shots and surpisingly he did really well he was not fussy really at all he didnt really eat a lot and slept a lot so I guess he just slept it off put seeing him get his shots was hard I think I was in more pain then he was and still kinda am poor baby.. well n e ways the dr said he is too clean.. that I change him too much and change him 1/2 the time and dont always wipe.. has anyone else heard of this or been told this now I feel bad to have him in aa wet diaper.. he also has a little yest rash from beeing too dry.. has anyone else gone through this??

Baby Jesse Gilbert
Born February 17, 2006
12:14 pm
7 pounds 10 ounces 21 inches

Old 04-18-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User
Re: too clean??

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!!! Who would want to sit in their own pee? Plus to be wet like that is not good for thier skin - that's where diaper rash comes in. I change my DS everytime he goes. I don't want him to be wet. Plus how am I supposed to potty train if he is used to feeling wet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Ummmmmmm.........is this guy crazy? Ds does not sit in a wet diaper ever, and as sson as he poops, ( I probably put a new diaper on him 1 minute ago) I change him ASAP!!! A yeast rash is not from being too dry either........it can however come around if they are too wet, yeast breeds in moist atmospheres. Don't listen to him! Did he give you a cream for the yeast though? That might be thrush.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
(female)

angelique5 HB User

never heard that...with 6 kids...never...

yeast infections comes from yeast having too much time to sit in the warm/wet diaper....NOT from the skin being too dry!!

definately moisturize his skin each time you bathe him, but I can't see how its possible to be a problem to change him each time he's used the bathroom

Old 04-19-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

whoa 6 lol I have 5 I admire you

anyway yeah the man is off his rocker you keep changing your baby whenever you think he needs it and now with yeast I hope he gave you some cream to rid of that.My youngest son now 3 yrs had a yeast infection once I felt so awful for him it is painful and very itchy. good luck!

Closed Thread