It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
13 yr old school trouble

I had to go pick my 13 yr old son up from school the principal called had my son in his office because my son jabbed another boy in the arm with his pencil.I get my son he tells me this boy (supossed to be a friend) first kept calling him names and then cussed him and rolled up paper and hit him with it .I have talked to my son told him how he can never ever do a thing like this again.He also tells me one day he got in trouble for going off when another boy jabbed him (my son) with a pen and this boy didnt get into any trouble because nobody saw it and then he lied.I have taken the pc and pretty much everything else away from my son.He cried said it would never happen again said hes just tired of being called names but the thing is my son calls names as well he sure does here at home with his brother and sisters so I told him well now you know how your brothers and sisters must feel.I told him I understand it is upsetting to be called names but he cannot use a pencil as a weapon or anything else.I have taught my kids to defend themselves but I told them do not hit unless you are hit first and never use a weapon of any kind.I plan on setting up a meeting with a few teachers and the principal my son is worried that if he goes and tells when another boy picks on him or jabs him with a pencil whatever that he will then be teased for that.He said he thought all this out before he jabbed this boy with his pencil..........I am rambling sorry if it didnt make alot of sense I am just so upset and dont know what else to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2006, 05:10 AM   #2
(female)

Thanksgiving HB User
Re: 13 yr old school trouble

tnmomofive,

when I read this it sounds just like what I went thru.

Is your son the middle child?

my son was called names things throwed at him and got in trouble for things he didn't even do. so after so long of it he started doing things. he even went as far as going to the teachers about what other are doing to him they just ignored it. so he started taking things in his own hands and he got in trouble. I did everything I could but nothing worked. later on as the years went by I realized he was being bullied and I didn't think the school allowed that kind of behavior until one day I got a call from the school and had to go to court and the other kid admitted he was bullying my son and others.

as I have learned through the years I should have believed him. Have you sit down and had a serious son /mother talk with him?

Old 04-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

hey thanks for the responce im glad I checked back I almost forgot to lol.
Anyway, my son is my oldest child he has always been kind of hard to deal with but of course now at 13 with the hormones and all its a mill. times harder.I have talked to him,which is hard with the teen tude lol.He does sometimes get picked on but he picks back and when I have talked to his teachers they say he is hanging with the boys in his class who "just dont care" and they do alot of horse play calling each other names and things but supossidly they are all "joking" is what they tell the teachers.I just have this feeling some are actuly being hurt in it all and not saying anything due to the male ego thing.It hard he cant change to the other class because a boy in there has ALWAYS been a pain in the butt to my son and one day my son had had enough and stood up to this boy the boy didnt do anything but he hates my son for whatever reason.I am glad to know I am not the only one though when I got that call that my son had jabbed another with a pencil I wigged out it really scared me I dont want him doing it again or worse.I guess all I can do is keep making him talk to me ,I have to pull it out of him lol,and visit the school more.........How are things for your son now?

Old 05-02-2006, 07:17 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

he shouldn't have stabbed anyone with a pencil yes but this other kid shouldn't be allowed to lie his way out of anything. It makes me angry how they tell you to turn the other cheeck or tell someone and when you do they ignore it. It is frustrating for kids and it gets too the point where they get so fed up that they feel the only way is too fight back. It's hard to tell someone anyway because it will make you out to be the tattle tail. I know your son doesn't want it but a meeting with the teacher or principle is pretty much the only option. Would your son rather have people tease him for a while or put up with this stuff everyday. Maybe if you put it to him that way he will understand why you have to do this a little better. Good luck to you and your son!

Closed Thread