It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 05:43 AM   #1
(female)

Thanksgiving HB User
for the daddy's

I need some help from you all. my daughter and her boyfriend soon to be married after childbirth. well they have been through alot. lost their son may 16th 05 and will be having a daughter around that same time. well He is so happy and excited and he will be a great daddy to my granddaughter I just know it. He was out of state with his family and he would call my daughter and talk to his unborn over the phone. there is a very special day coming up shortly and I want to do something special for him and my daughter. I already know what to get my daughter for mother's day but I need your help on what to get my future son in law for Father's day.

I thought about getting him a pride ring with his son's name and birth date and his daughter's name and birth date with the one birth stone since it will be the same. If you was to recieve something like that would you really like it and wear it?????? This will be from his daughter.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
(female)

angelique5 HB User
Re: for the daddy's

well...I'm not a dad, and if its done simply and tastefully, I don't see why not!

but...I just want to say I think its great you acknowledge their son's memory that way. My stepsister, lost her first baby at his birth... during the pregnancy, my mom had made a blanket for him, and embroidered his name onto... A year after he passed, I thought of it, and told my mom she should still give her the blanket... only to find out my mom had UNDONE the embroidery, and gave the blanket to someone else. I thought it was so sad...almost symbolic of "erasing" the baby...my mom thought it would be "too painful".... i disagreed...

Wonderful way to honor BOTH children!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2006, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

Thanksgiving HB User

Thank you,

I just wanted to get him something special for his 1st fathers day gift from his daughter even tho she is not born yet but will be here in about 3 weeks.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

How thoughtfull I think that's a lovely idea

Old 05-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I agree, as long as it is tasteful I would see no reason why he would not like it

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Closed Thread